The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

58 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

If you want to know about suffering through a long painful rebuild talk to some Sabres fans.  Last night the team was shut out by the Bruins and were boo'd off the ice after the first and second periods and I don't know if there were enough fans left in the building at the end of the game to voice their displeasure.  

No sympathies.  Sabres outright tanked for McDavid then the GM at the time pouted like a little brat when they didn't get the 1st overall.  Sounds like they're still paying he price for that.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Tre Mac said:

No sympathies.  Sabres out ranked tanked for McDavid then the GM at the time pouted like a little brat when they didn't get the 1st overall.  Sounds like they're still paying he price for that.

So true.  The Sabres way overpaid Eichel, and then made him their captain.  Eichel needs to lead that team on and off the ice.  Is he capable of that?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, UticaHockey said:

Murray was horrible and I'm glad he is gone.

I mean I only cheer for the Canucks but definitely have a soft spot for the sabres, if there is any team other than the Canucks that I want to win the cup it's Buffalo.  I wanted them to get McDavid, at least over the coilers, but yeah I couldn't stand that GM.  I hope he gets blacklisted. 

Image result for buffalo slug jerseys  And I'll always love these jerseys

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Mikey D saved 27/30 to pickup his 3rd win of the season.

DiPietro is now 3W-3L, 1 SO, 3.013 GAA, and 0.906 Sv% in his 7 GP this season.

He is rounding into form but wow did he struggle in his first three games.   Could not stop a puck.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

DiPietro lost out in a goalie duel last night, with the Spits falling 1-0 to the 67's.

Saved 19/20 and was awarded 2nd star in the loss.

Mikey improves his GAA to 2.43 and his Sv% to 0.917. 

That was Thursday  , yesterday Windsor won 3-0 with the backup in net.  DiPietro should be in today I would think.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

That was Thursday  , yesterday Windsor won 3-0 with the backup in net.  DiPietro should be in today I would think.

You're right. Oops. Backup (Piiroinen) started last game and the Spits shutout Kitchener (Piiroinen saved 34/34 and named first star). 

Slept late this morning and I'm just finishing my coffee. Brain is only just firing up and still prone to errors. :lol:

DiPietro should get the start tonight versus Sarnia (7:05 ET start, 4:05pm in Vancouver).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Fixed a bunch of mistakes. Told you my brain wasn't working!

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

You're right. Oops. Backup (Piiroinen) started last game and the Spits shutout Kitchener (Piiroinen saved 34/34 and named first star). 

Slept late this morning and I'm just finishing my coffee. Brain is only just firing up and still prone to errors. :lol:

DiPietro should get the start tonight versus Sarnia (7:05 ET start, 4:05pm in Vancouver).

He has looked far better the past two weeks.   There seemed to be some let down coming from an off-season where he had a lot of smoke blown up his rear and his compete level was impact - perhaps by fatigue.   I have noticed his glove hand and rebound control have improved a LOT over the past few weeks.    I also notice his feet are less "active" which is important in being more consistent.   

• Upvote 1