The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

Another 6-3 win for DiPietro.

This one not so great for his Sv%, as he only faced 11 shots all game (while Ottawa put 51 shots on goal). One of those games where he’s seeing 3 shots a period through the first 40 minutes, and probably pretty tough to get in any kind of a rhythm and stay sharp.

Still, it’s another W for Mikey.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, drummerboy said:

That would be cool, but think about that really.  

You need to to pay for someone to take Eriksson.  And a good amount. That cost would almost be a 1st.   I don’t think a first to take LE is totally fair, but pretty close.  

It is basically Goldy plus a tiny bit for a resigned Stone.   

Not even close. 

This proposal is better without Eriksson. 

Eriksson fills the gap and helps keep them competitive, at an amenable salary for tite-wad Dorion.  The pick is a year out, but almost certainly better than any they'll get this year.  But again, they likely want a 2019 first, although maybe they get one by moving Duchene.  I just threw it out there more as an example of a situation where the Canucks might give up a 1st.

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Michael DiPietro on Sportsnet 650:

“It was definitely a dream come true. At the beginning of the season its something you dream about but you think it won't happen in near future. Having that opportunity to play in Vancouver was a phenomenal one.”

”Thank you to the players who kept my spirits up the whole game and made my experience great. I look back at it as a phenomenal learning experience at such an early point in my career. I'm looking forward to having a big summer to work on areas that need tidying up for pro-game.”

“I just thought about what a great experience it was. At a point in the game I had 2 choices - Could fold up and get off my game or roll with the punches. I think I did Option B a lot better. Tried to battle to the best of my ability.”

Sounds crushed and ruined.

Thanks Obama Benning.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Michael DiPietro on Sportsnet 650:

“It was definitely a dream come true. At the beginning of the season, it's something you dream about but you think it won't happen in near future. Having that opportunity to play in Vancouver was a phenomenal one.”

”Thank you to the players who kept my spirits up the whole game and made my experience great. I look back at it as a phenomenal learning experience at such an early point in my career. I'm looking forward to having a big summer to work on areas that need tidying up for pre-game.”

“I just thought about what a great experience it was. At a point in the game, I had 2 choices -- Could fold up and get off my game or roll with the punches. I think I did Option B a lot better. Tried to battle to the best of my ability.”

”When you're younger you dream about your NHL debut, you dream about a 45 save shutout and you're on your game, everything comes easy. I look at it like that's the worst game I'll play in the NHL, only up from here. At 3-0, there was another puck coming. I had to be ready.”

”It was a great opportunity, I saw I was the fifth youngest goalie to start an NHL game which is something I'll always remember. I have the personality that I'm never complacent or ever happy with what I did. It's what you're going to do next. I'm excited to get better.”

”I'm excited polish areas of my game so I'm ready for the next opportunity that comes my way and take full advantage of it and battle my way through adversity. Adversity is good and hopefully, we're all laughing about it with a Stanley Cup. That's my focus and goal.”

“I had a great dialogue with Ian Clark throughout my entire time in Vancouver. It seems like every time I'm on the ice I'm getting better with him.”

“We broke down the video from the game I played and I took down some notes on things that I really wanted to practice on that I'm ready for camp but also so I can impress at camp. Ian is a guy that is very knowledgeable on the game and he has your best interests in mind.”

Well, that settles it. His development is ruined. Trade him for three 1sts.

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, SingleThorn said:

DiPietro on various SN channels. Ottawa 67s vs Oshawa Generals. ( 1:50 pm ) 2nd Period, 67s 1-0.

He lost that game 3-2. But he got the start the next game for the rematch against Oshawa, and shutout the Gens 4-0, earning his 4th shutout this season and 19th of his OHL career.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He lost that game 3-2. But he got the start the next game for the rematch against Oshawa, and shutout the Gens 4-0, earning his 4th shutout this season and 19th of his OHL career.

But... But.... That NHL game destroyed his confidence and ruined his development!

/s

7 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

But... But.... That NHL game destroyed his confidence and ruined his development!

/s

In the 3-2 loss to Oshawa, I saw 2 of his 3 goals against. One was very, very soft. Not tight to the post, had a goal go in from a bad angle. The other goal was 'deja vu' from his Canuck game, diving forward to his left, opening up way too much of the upper net. It was a good shot, but I'm a tad nervous about his game translating to the NHL.

1 hour ago, canucklehead80 said:

With Mazanec and Leighton both UFAs, does Mikey go to Utica or spend another year in junior next season? Curious what people think.

My guess is that he plays as the backup in Utica next year with Bachmann as the starter and Kublakov in the ECHL as insurance.