The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yikes! Andree loses his third straight, surrendering 4 goals on 29 shots, and Ottawa now down 3-2 in the series and facing elimination (after going a perfect 14-0 these playoffs with DiPietro in net). 

So brutal. Hopefully they can rally...

13 hours ago, cyoung said:

So brutal. Hopefully they can rally...

Yeah, as 'good' as it is for us fans of his future NHL team to show how important and dominant he's been...it would suck if this one injury is what finishes their season.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, Rush17 said:

16 goals against the 67's in 3 games since his injury.

8 goals so far today (7 against Andree).

With around 2 minutes left, Ottawa trails 8-3, and looking all but guaranteed they’ll lose their 4th straight, and lose the championship in the process.

Guelph have played well, and they’ve really taken it to the 67’s these last four games, but I still think Ottawa sweeps these playoffs with a perfect 16-0 if Mikey hadn’t gotten hurt. 

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Season over. 8-3 loss.

Ottawa loses 4 straight games in the finals with Dipietro injured (after posting a perfect record during the playoffs in Mikey’s 14 starts, and starting the series with a 2-0 advantage).

Guelph are the OHL Champs and headed to the Memorial Cup.

Absolutely heartbreaking outcome for Dipietro and the rest of team. Gotta feel for Andree coming in and going 0-4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

Absolutely heartbreaking outcome for Dipietro and the rest of team. Gotta feel for Andree coming in and going 0-4.

If players learn through adversity than Mikey will be an expert after dealing with the WJC and now this. Hard for him now, but it'll likely make him mentally stronger going forward

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

If players learn through adversity than Mikey will be an expert after dealing with the WJC and now this. Hard for him now, but it'll likely make him mentally stronger going forward

Maybe this solidifies just how good DiPietro is?  Tram is great with him, and crap without him.  A great goalie breeds confidence into his team.  

11 hours ago, Qwags said:

If DiPietro grows stronger with every battle with adversity, I expect him to win several Vezinas and Conn Smythes with us.

Sunshine first he comes to camp and then trys to make the Comets ( Bachman & Kielly) may have something to say about that. After that in a couple of years, he hopes to make the NHL. Please no more talk about Conn Smythe

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Sunshine first he comes to camp and then trys to make the Comets ( Bachman & Kielly) may have something to say about that. After that in a couple of years, he hopes to make the NHL. Please no more talk about Conn Smythe

Your posts are generally garbage, but even for you this post is disgusting. Arrogant, condescending, ignorant and stupid. On to the ignore list for you, "sunshine".

Dipietro plays small in the net.  He won't make the jump to the NHL as  a result. Nice kid but will not be an NHL goalie. 

I have played the position coached for a decade and have friends and family who have played bchl whl ushl NCAA and nhl. 

I can tell you. Dipietro will not make it all the way to be a regular in the NHL. When the shooters get better and nhl snipers are very good, there is simply too much room over his shoulders. Sorry to fans who are hoping for a better result.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha this is crazy. Athleticism appears to be a far more likely trend as goalies need to move very fast side to side.

Casey DeSmith is 6'0 and has a .917 career save percentage, while Quick, Lundqvist and Howard (6'1) who are some of the best goalies in the game are just barely taller.

Seems silly to write off a kid before he even plays a professional game.

But he has played a professional game. I guess we can write him off now :P

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2019 at 2:02 PM, WonderTwinPowers said:

After that interview before the WJHC and how he handled the loss, I have little doubt he'll learn from this and bounce back.  Guy used getting cut as motivation all through the year and stepped up and defended his teammates who were getting slammed by our media for hanging him out to dry.  Mental toughness is one of his biggest strengths.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Your posts are generally garbage, but even for you this post is disgusting. Arrogant, condescending, ignorant and stupid. On to the ignore list for you, "sunshine".

Your reading of my post is not what was intended. I just get a tad frustrated with fans suggesting the player is on his way to a Conn Smythe award before he's even played a game in the NHL. To me that's incredible

23 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Dipietro plays small in the net.  He won't make the jump to the NHL as  a result. Nice kid but will not be an NHL goalie. 

I have played the position coached for a decade and have friends and family who have played bchl whl ushl NCAA and nhl. 

I can tell you. Dipietro will not make it all the way to be a regular in the NHL. When the shooters get better and nhl snipers are very good, there is simply too much room over his shoulders. Sorry to fans who are hoping for a better result.

Which NHL team do you scout for?  

And since you did not make it no way Dipietro will?  Ok.

• Cheers 1