Sign in to follow this  
Canucksin2013

Michael DiPietro | G

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I kinda hate doing this, but I’m gonna talk about the “body” of a young man who’s our prospect. :sadno:

 

When you look at Mikey, you can see how he’s not your typical 6’0” goalie. He’s quite wide at the shoulders and has long arms, a long torso, and shorter legs. His wingspan is actually just a hair under 78 inches, or roughly the same as 6’4” Jake Oettinger.

 

As DiPietro continues to hone his technique, he’s likely going to be able to provide similar net coverage to that of a much taller goalie.

 

He body is just “built” much taller than his height suggests.

 

(And yeah, I’m aware of how creepy some of this sounds. I hate talking about these kids this way, but just wanted to point it out, as the picture clearly shows how wide and rangy he is.)

Facial expression analysis or it didn't happen lol

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there a reason he not on the "team roster" all the other goalies are, just not dipietro .....theres like 6 or so goalies listed and not dipietro

 

Goalies

# Ht Wt Born Birthplace
35 6' 4" 192 Dec 8, 1995 San Diego, CA, USA
30 6' 2" 201 Apr 1, 1996 Eden Prairie, MN, USA
25 6' 6" 206 Jan 31, 1990 Gävle, SWE
31 6' 2" 206 Aug 20, 1992 Grand Forks, ND, USA
76 6' 4" 203 Mar 22, 2001 LVA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

there a reason he not on the "team roster" all the other goalies are, just not dipietro .....theres like 6 or so goalies listed and not dipietro

 

99.99% sure there's no reason. That roster on Canucks.com is almost always outdated or missing players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 2:23 AM, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

there a reason he not on the "team roster" all the other goalies are, just not dipietro .....theres like 6 or so goalies listed and not dipietro

 

Goalies

# Ht Wt Born Birthplace
35 6' 4" 192 Dec 8, 1995 San Diego, CA, USA
30 6' 2" 201 Apr 1, 1996 Eden Prairie, MN, USA
25 6' 6" 206 Jan 31, 1990 Gävle, SWE
31 6' 2" 206 Aug 20, 1992 Grand Forks, ND, USA
76 6' 4" 203 Mar 22, 2001 LVA

It’s like the rides at Disneyland, if you don’t meet the height cutoff, you can’t ride.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It’s like the rides at Disneyland, if you don’t meet the height cutoff, you can’t ride.

You may be on to something.  Bachman is missing too :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikey on the ingoal mag podcast

 

 

Love this podcast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

DiPietro played half the game, 9 saves on 10 shots. Kielly played the other half, 13 saves on 13 shots. 

And they'll both be going to Kalamazoo.  Unless the Comets decide to keep 3 goalies, but I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And they'll both be going to Kalamazoo.  Unless the Comets decide to keep 3 goalies, but I hope not.

Zane McIntyre will be going to the ECHL. Richard Bachman will likely be loaned to another team.

 

They’ll go with a Kielly/Dipietro tandem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Zane McIntyre will be going to the ECHL. Richard Bachman will likely be loaned to another team.

 

They’ll go with a Kielly/Dipietro tandem.

I have no idea what the goaltender plan is but it won't be this.  Only players on an ELC can be loaned to the ECHL and McIntyre was brought in to be third on the depth chart and the primary call up to Vancouver when an injury to Markstrom or Demko occurs.  Benning was caught with his pants down last year when he traded for McKenna and he was claimed off waivers leaving Vancouver with no goalie in the minors to call up.  The Zane McIntyre signing was because of this.

 

It's above my pay grade ::D but if it was my decision I would keep McIntyre, DiPietro and Bachman in Utica and send Kielly to KZoo.  Bachman was a great mentor for Demko who credits him for easing the transition to professional hockey.  I would use Bachman as a part time goalie coach to mentor DiPietro this season and be the third on the Comets depth chart only playing when there is an injury or if McIntyre gets called up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I have no idea what the goaltender plan is but it won't be this.  Only players on an ELC can be loaned to the ECHL and McIntyre was brought in to be third on the depth chart and the primary call up to Vancouver when an injury to Markstrom or Demko occurs.  Benning was caught with his pants down last year when he traded for McKenna and he was claimed off waivers leaving Vancouver with no goalie in the minors to call up.  The Zane McIntyre signing was because of this.

 

It's above my pay grade ::D but if it was my decision I would keep McIntyre, DiPietro and Bachman in Utica and send Kielly to KZoo.  Bachman was a great mentor for Demko who credits him for easing the transition to professional hockey.  I would use Bachman as a part time goalie coach to mentor DiPietro this season and be the third on the Comets depth chart only playing when there is an injury or if McIntyre gets called up. 

Don’t know where you read that but any player under contract with the Canucks can be sent to their ECHL team unless they have a no movement clause.

 

McIntyre can play for the K-wings. His recent stats in the AHL are pretty brutal. And based on how management talks about Kielly my guess is they want to have him be the first call up.

 

There may be three goalies in Utica but it would be Kielly, Dipietro and Bachman with Bachman taking more of a mentor ship role like you said. I think they end up sending him somewhere else though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t know where you read that but any player under contract with the Canucks can be sent to their ECHL team unless they have a no movement clause.

 

McIntyre can play for the K-wings. His recent stats in the AHL are pretty brutal. And based on how management talks about Kielly my guess is they want to have him be the first call up.

 

There may be three goalies in Utica but it would be Kielly, Dipietro and Bachman with Bachman taking more of a mentor ship role like you said. I think they end up sending him somewhere else though.

It's in the CBA with the language below.  If a player agrees to the assignment it can happen but only if the player agrees.  Joe Cannata did agree to be sent down to the ECHL a few years ago when Markstron and Eriksson were in Utica but I don't expect McIntyre to do the same.

 

9.6Loans to East Coast Hockey League. Players who are party to an Entry Level SPC may be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League ("ECHL") without the requirement of Player consent, provided the Player will continue to be paid the stated amount of the AHL portion of his two-way SPC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

It's in the CBA with the language below.  If a player agrees to the assignment it can happen but only if the player agrees.  Joe Cannata did agree to be sent down to the ECHL a few years ago when Markstron and Eriksson were in Utica but I don't expect McIntyre to do the same.

 

9.6Loans to East Coast Hockey League. Players who are party to an Entry Level SPC may be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League ("ECHL") without the requirement of Player consent, provided the Player will continue to be paid the stated amount of the AHL portion of his two-way SPC

All that says is that a player on an ELC can be sent down without consent. It says nothing about a player on a regular contract not being able to be sent down.

 

It would have to be in their contract that they can’t be sent down to the ECHL otherwise McIntyre can be sent down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

All that says is that a player on an ELC can be sent down without consent. It says nothing about a player on a regular contract not being able to be sent down.

 

It would have to be in their contract that they can’t be sent down to the ECHL otherwise McIntyre can be sent down.

I am 100% confident that I am correct on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I am 100% confident that I am correct on this.

You are. From the CBA:

 


13.11 No Loans to East Coast Hockey League. A Player who is not in the Entry Level System may not be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League without his consent.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as expected Bachman cleared waivers today so the crowding in the nets will begin.  Bachman bought a house in the Utica area last year and plans on staying here which makes me think he would be willing to stay with the Comets as a third goalie and transition into a player coach type role with DiPietro.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Zane McIntyre will be going to the ECHL. Richard Bachman will likely be loaned to another team.

 

They’ll go with a Kielly/Dipietro tandem.

They didn't sign McIntyre to help out to the K-Wings.  They brought him in in case Markstrom or Demko gets injured and they need a third goalie.  Of course, if Bachman returns to form and outplays McIntyre, he could be the third goalie option.  This is the main reason why neither of them is going to the ECHL.  Kielly & Dipietro are both pro rookies who could definitely benefit from going to the ECHL, building their games and their confidence, and getting ready to potentially be that 3rd goalie option in a year or two.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

And as expected Bachman cleared waivers today so the crowding in the nets will begin.  Bachman bought a house in the Utica area last year and plans on staying here which makes me think he would be willing to stay with the Comets as a third goalie and transition into a player coach type role with DiPietro.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of DiPietro going to the coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.