The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 4:03 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

First star tonight. :) 

A fair amount of that honour came down to an AHL rookie winning his first start in his home building, but DiPietro was solid.

Only faced 18 shots (saved 16), but can’t really fault him too much on the goals he gave up. And then shut the door over the final 40, including some key saves.

Obviously got great run support from his mates with the Comets scoring 6 and doubling up the Crunch in SOG, but still a strong AHL debut for Mikey D.

Not possible. He was ruined because he had to play that one NHL game last year. You lie man.

• Haha 1

Mikey with the 1st star tonight. 38 saves in the shoot out win.  Boucher won it as the 3rd shooter. No shoot out goals given up by Mikey. I listened to the last half of the game. He was the only one who showed up. Only goal was given up in the 3rd period. He made 6 saves in the OT. Now 3-0 on the season. The kid is a player! 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Had that post ready and was just waiting on shootout to finish.

DiPietro has been outstanding.

1.62 GAA, 0.940 sv%, 3 wins in 3 starts.

I remember him being compared to Quick.  I really 200% believe the Canucks are singing Marky and trading Demko for a first at the 2020 draft.  Dipietro is that good.  

Could Dipietro be so great and fabulous that he gets called up this year and does s Ken Dryden and Leafs us to s VUP?  

• Haha 1

Pleasantly surprised at how quickly DiPietro adjusted to the pros, considering questions about his size and raw, acrobatic style.  Demko played three years of college hockey against older competition and was 3.71 GAA, 0.869 SV% in his first three games.  Granted DP is playing in front of a better team, but Demko was the consensus #1 goalie from his draft and due to his late birthday, 6 months older than DP when he started in the AHL.  DP's 1.62 GAA and 0.940 SV% puts him 6th and 8th in the AHL, respectively.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

Pleasantly surprised at how quickly DiPietro adjusted to the pros, considering questions about his size and raw, acrobatic style.  Demko played three years of college hockey against older competition and was 3.71 GAA, 0.869 SV% in his first three games.  Granted DP is playing in front of a better team, but Demko was the consensus #1 goalie from his draft and due to his late birthday, 6 months older than DP when he started in the AHL.  DP's 1.62 GAA and 0.940 SV% puts him 6th and 8th in the AHL, respectively.

38 saves by the Dipe.  Nice 

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Mikey D stole 2 points tonight.  The Comets looked like a tired team tonight playing back-to-backs and Hershey was fresh having last night off.

Also, commentator said it was a 4 1/2 hour bus ride this morning for the game (they played last night) ..... that would sap anyone's energy let alone a team on a back to back

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Also, commentator said it was a 4 1/2 hour bus ride this morning for the game (they played last night) ..... that would sap anyone's energy let alone a team on a back to back

Yep they showered and jumped right on the bus after the game and rolled into Hershey at 3:00 am.  The AHL is primarily a weekend league but Hershey had Friday off so they were rested.