Sign in to follow this  
Canucksin2013

Michael DiPietro | G

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

As expected Kielly sent to KZoo today leaving three goalies in Utica for the time being.

Utica's goaltending could end up being prettty sub-par this year...

Bachman is barely professional level anymore, I'm not even that comfortable with him as an AHL backup, and MacIntyre hasn't exactly had a sparkling career-to-date.

If Mikey makes the most of his opportunities, he could get some time in the crease this season.

12 minutes ago, nergish said:

Utica's goaltending could end up being prettty sub-par this year...

Bachman is barely professional level anymore, I'm not even that comfortable with him as an AHL backup, and MacIntyre hasn't exactly had a sparkling career-to-date.

If Mikey makes the most of his opportunities, he could get some time in the crease this season.

If Zane McIntyre doesn't return to his form from a couple seasons ago you could be right.  He was one of the better goalies in the AHL and then his play went south.  Bachman just gets worse every year as his reaction time slows which is the kiss of death for an undersized goalie.

• Upvote 1

McIntyre and Bachman should be going to Kzoo, and Mikey and Kielly should stay in Utica. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

McIntyre and Bachman should be going to Kzoo, and Mikey and Kielly should stay in Utica. 

But that is not how it works is reality. Kielly is already in Kalamazoo.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Goal tending remains a question mark for the Comets and may prove to be their Achilles Heal this year.

I think half way through the season DiPietro should start to take the reins.

How is Mikey doing in his debut? I see they are up 5-2 heading into the second intermission.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:03 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

First star tonight. :) 

A fair amount of that honour came down to an AHL rookie winning his first start in his home building, but DiPietro was solid.

Only faced 18 shots (saved 16), but can’t really fault him too much on the goals he gave up. And then shut the door over the final 40, including some key saves.

Obviously got great run support from his mates with the Comets scoring 6 and doubling up the Crunch in SOG, but still a strong AHL debut for Mikey D.

Not possible. He was ruined because he had to play that one NHL game last year. You lie man.

• Haha 1

Nice to see Mikey getting off to a good start to his Pro Career..  He looked real impressive in his second game almost getting his first shutout.  Keep it up Mikey

• Like 1