The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kristoffer Gunnarsson | D

Adarsh Sant

If Biega and Pedan are full time on the roster, we need some more ready D on the farm.

Not sure if they plan on having him move over this year or next to the AHL, but it make sense.

The Swedish touch sure shows which scout has clout and trust in the organization 

Edited by Provost

Just now, suitup said:

Obviously to unite him with our 2018 NHL draftee Rasmus Dahlin of course. :P

Fun fact: On the same team as the Westerholm twins we had in the organization a few years ago, as well as this year's 7th overall pick Lias Andersson.

I totally forgot about the Westerholms hahaha. I remember we drafted one and invited the other to camp and people were so excited.

• Upvote 1

209 even at 20 is pretty stocky, but a pretty defensive guy with little offense at pretty much any level to speak of. I don't expect us to draft players with elite offense with every pick, but it's less typical that players with little to no offense at lower levels succeed in the pros.

Just now, Derp... said:

I want to hear Bennings thoughts on this guy.

I wonder what they saw that made him more desirable than a smaller puck mover.

Probably due to us having taken a smaller puck mover in Rathbone already. The more the merrier, but we need some more sandpaper guys too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I totally forgot about the Westerholms hahaha. I remember we drafted one and invited the other to camp and people were so excited.

Hahaha yeah. And they were going to be our Sedin Twins-lite 2.0. Oh man, those were the days... *wipes teardrop from eye*

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, suitup said:

Hahaha yeah. And they were going to be our Sedin Twins-lite 2.0. Oh man, those were the days... *wipes teardrop from eye*

Would have been great if they did, but considering we drafted the one in the 7th round and no one drafted the other I wasn't holding my breath it'd ever happen.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Probably due to us having taken a smaller puck mover in Rathbone already. The more the merrier, but we need some more sandpaper guys too.

It's true, I mean clearly he thinks the game well enough to play on the national team. The only issue for me is that guys like him are not hard to find in free agency. Obviously hoping for the best and that he can take a physical defensive style to the Comets, and eventually become a smooth passer and skater with bite to shut down opponents. Not necessarily fast, but using size and strength to get leverage in the corners and make smart plays once he gets the puck.

Edited by Derp...

Just now, Derp... said:

It's true, I mean clearly he thinks the game well enough to play on the national team. The only issue for me is that guys like him are not hard to find in free agency. Obviously hoping for the best and that he can take a physical defensive style to the Comets, and eventually become a smooth passer and skater with bite to shut down opponents.

True, but a guy on an ELC is a lot more cap friendly than going through free agency. I only wonder if they could have drafted him later.

Shutdown guys who can think the game and skate are always valuable. I wonder how his transition game is it won't always show up in the points column.  Plus I hope Subban finally gets a chance with the big club. He has earned it.

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I want to hear Bennings thoughts on this guy.

I wonder what they saw that made him more desirable than a smaller puck mover.

That we already drafted one this year might be a factor. 

37 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Shutdown guys who can think the game and skate are always valuable. I wonder how his transition game is it won't always show up in the points column.  Plus I hope Subban finally gets a chance with the big club. He has earned it.

He reminds me of a more mobile version of that Cederholm kid we drafted a few years ago.

• Upvote 1