The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kristoffer Gunnarsson | D

Adarsh Sant

15 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

I notice that Gunnarsson hasn't been on the Frolunda roster for a few games ! ....................nor has Utunen in Tappara, nor Zhukenov ( wherever he is today ! ). Hardly worth dragging out the Euro stats these days !

14 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

With the three that you mentioned you only have to check up on their stats once a month to see if anything has changedB)

Gunnarsson is going from Frölunda > Linköping, intresting to see how they will use him! 

Linköping is 3rd in the League, on the same points as Frölunda who is 4th but with +8 goals compared to +6

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Gunnarsson is going from Frölunda > Linköping, intresting to see how they will use him! 

Linköping is 3rd in the League, on the same points as Frölunda who is 4th but with +8 goals compared to +6

That should be interesting. He’s been in the Frölunda system a long time, which can be good and bad. Good in that there can be loyalty and value based on the time a team has invested in a player. Bad because players can sometimes get pigeonholed into roles and somewhat limited in what their coaches believe they’re capable of.

Hopefully the move means he’ll get to play more, but we’ll see what happens.

If nothing else, he has a whole new set of team training records to smash. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

So far, so good, for Gunnarsson, since being loaned to Linköping.

19:14 and 13:48 TOI in his two games with the new team.

Had 7 hits through the two games.

Was averaging around 10 minutes in Frölunda, and closer to 5 minutes in the last few games he played before the move.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

KG with an assist today. Doubles his season points total and it's only the second period, so expect those numbers to explode !

Ah, but how will these new found numbers translate to the NHL?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Don't see him getting signed.  Drafting overagers who don't score at any level doesn't usually work out.

I find it very surprising that JB even picked him in the draft. The dude is scary strong but other than that he really has little to no upside at all.

• Cheers 1

On 4/27/2019 at 9:44 AM, AK_19 said:

I understand late draft picks are long shots anyways but this pick was an odd one looking at his stats prior to being drafted.

I think the thought was a reliable stay at home defensive dman, hence offensive stats not being of huge importance, although they are hilariously lacking

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Even the best scouts pick up duds. Scouting is a science that relies on people to make projections of how other people would perform many, many years down the road. It's bound to get stuff wrong.

It's a 5th rounder - not many get to play, even when drafted higher than this.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Even the best scouts pick up duds. Scouting is a science that relies on people to make projections of how other people would perform many, many years down the road. It's bound to get stuff wrong.

It's a 5th rounder - not many get to play, even when drafted higher than this.

Agreed, but it was always a weird pick. Kid had little to no history of production and had nothing really going for him besides being a gym rat lol

• Upvote 1