The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

On 9/20/2017 at 1:29 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That's a great start. If he keeps up that kind of scoring rate, he'll likely finish top-10 in the Liiga season scoring race.

Yup exactly.  Looking like a steal. I know he's severely undersized. But he's certainly offensively gifted and fast with great work ethic. I'm very excited to track his development. What does he need to work on to get to the nhl? 

Edited by Virtanen The Great

56 minutes ago, Virtanen The Great said:

Yup exactly.  Looking like a steal. I know he's severely undersized. But he's certainly offensively gifted and fast with great work ethic. I'm very excited to track his development. What does he need to work on to get to the nhl? 

Growing taller.  B)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Growing taller.  B)

You know, not necessarily (though I know that was in jest). 

Palmu - 5'7", 179 lb

The most hated man in Canucks nation, Brad Marchand - 5'9", 181 lb

Marty St Louis - 5'8", 176 lb

Huge legs, low centre of gravity, hopefully a magnet for drawing penalties with his quick hands (see Exhibit A, Johnny Gaudreau). Recipe for success.

Just food for thought.

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2017 at 5:05 PM, Virtanen The Great said:

Realistically he seems like a long shot to make the NHL. I really like the kid, and those who know me around here know I have a weird fascination with Finland, but just being a realist.

I think to make the NHL he needs to learn how to excel in the defensive and energy parts of his game. If he can learn to use his body positioning to check players off the puck and become ferocious on the for check, I think his chances raise drastically. Not sure he will have the skill and IQ to be a top 6 player with his physical build. But if he could learn to be a Hansen type player who can be sound defensively, play a physical/ up tempo game, while chipping in offensively the kid has a chance. 

Or he becomes the next St. Louis, what do I know.

I really like this kid, can see him being a really effective 3rd line guy for us in a couple of years. A guy who is hard to get off the puck, because of that low center of gravity.

I think once he transitions, he's the type of guy that will frustrate a lot of other teams and draw penalties.