The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Palmu with one goal so far in this morning's game between TPS and KalPa.

EDIT: game complete 

1 goal, 3 shots today

How does that add up for ppgand more importantly how does that add up against the SHL?

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

How does that add up for ppgand more importantly how does that add up against the SHL?

There's some debate over accurate translation factors for Liiga (mostly due to the small sample size of players going from that league to the NHL).

But here are some recent NHLe numbers:

Based on those numbers, Palmu's 0.75 points/GP in Liiga would be equivalent to 0.45 points/GP in the NHL (or roughly 37 points over an 82 game NHL season).

And compared to SHL, his 9 points in 12 Liiga games would be equivalent to 8 points in 12 SHL games.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Joulevi has not played a game yet and they have him ranked #4? What are there 4 rookies? 

Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Rasmus Kupari are ranked #2 and #3 respectively. Both are draft eligible this year and expected to be first round and possibly top 10 or 15 picks. When I looked, Kotkaniemi is now 1% behind Palmu in the voting so it's possible they could switch positions. 

On 2017-10-07 at 9:05 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

There's some debate over accurate translation factors for Liiga (mostly due to the small sample size of players going from that league to the NHL).

But here are some recent NHLe numbers:

Based on those numbers, Palmu's 0.75 points/GP in Liiga would be equivalent to 0.45 points/GP in the NHL (or roughly 37 points over an 82 game NHL season).

And compared to SHL, his 9 points in 12 Liiga games would be equivalent to 8 points in 12 SHL games.

20g 17a is really respectable