471 posts in this topic

On 2017-10-07 at 9:05 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

There's some debate over accurate translation factors for Liiga (mostly due to the small sample size of players going from that league to the NHL).

But here are some recent NHLe numbers:

Based on those numbers, Palmu's 0.75 points/GP in Liiga would be equivalent to 0.45 points/GP in the NHL (or roughly 37 points over an 82 game NHL season).

And compared to SHL, his 9 points in 12 Liiga games would be equivalent to 8 points in 12 SHL games.

20g 17a is really respectable

Palmu has a goal in TPS's Liiga game today versus the Pelicans.

Ryan Biech (per usual) with the tweets:

EDIT: @Adarsh Sant beats me to the post by a hair :lol:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Size or not...Palmu may be the real deal :ph34r:

When could we see him here, next year?

On 10/13/2017 at 5:26 PM, aliboy said:

When could we see him here, next year?

Here Utica...or here Vancouver?

Next year in Utica makes sense to me but with Gaudette, Goldy, Pettersson and Dahlen all ahead of him in the "smallish but super skilled category" and guys like MacEwen, Gadjovich and Lind also possibly pushing for spots next year ....his chances of making the Canucks are at least 2 years away....but you never know until they get here.

11 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Here Utica...or here Vancouver?

Next year in Utica makes sense to me but with Gaudette, Goldy, Pettersson and Dahlen all ahead of him in the "smallish but super skilled category" and guys like MacEwen, Gadjovich and Lind also possibly pushing for spots next year ....his chances of making the Canucks are at least 2 years away....but you never know until they get here.

If he beats out a guy then you let him on the team. We are probably going to have a few spots for guys this coming year as I can't see us resigning Sedins and Vanek. Then you have other guys you can trade like Dorsett and Sutter. Theres room for skilled guys but it will depend on how they fit and who they can knock off rosters(UTICA and Canucks). He'd be a good guy for Utica next year though when Goldobin graduates.

On 17/10/2017 at 0:33 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No points, 3 shots, even, and 17:02 TOI for Palmu today.

He has 10 points (5G 5A) in 15 Liiga games played.

That is impressive.  Not Elias Pettersson's SHL numbers impressive but arguably as good as Kole Lind's 1.8 PPG in the WHL if NHLe counts for anything.

Edited by SamJamIam

13 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

That is impressive.  Not Elias Pettersson's SHL numbers impressive but arguably as good as Kole Lind's 1.8 PPG in the WHL if NHLe counts for anything.

Palmu may not have the insane skillset that Pettersson has or the physical tools that Lind has but my god, from what his coach said this guy has the gumption and the will to succeed.

He was one of my favorite benning picks last year. The guy reminds me of Brendan Gallagher.