The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

15 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Considering he can single-leg squat 220lbs and is still quick and shifty, I don't care how tall he is.

This, Plus 1!

Height isn't as limiting as many people think. Problem with some of the larger players when they come out of Junior, they are used to playing against younger and lighter players who haven't finished growing into their frames. When they get to the NHL they are facing a much higher percentage of players being the same size as them, they have to learn to be more than just a big body. I think this is part of the adjustment that Virtanen has been going through.

Excited to see Palmu over here after another season in Finland. Think he can make a pretty good middle six guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there any consensus on whether or not he'll wind up in Utica on a PTO?

If I remember right, he has another year left on his contract in Finland, but would be nice to see how he does on North American ice and how he competes this side of the pond.

]

26 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Is there any consensus on whether or not he'll wind up in Utica on a PTO?

If I remember right, he has another year left on his contract in Finland, but would be nice to see how he does on North American ice and how he competes this side of the pond.

]

I'd say, give him another year in Finland. He already got a pretty big role in the second part of the season, he should receive a ton of minutes next year. Let him become one of the go to guys on his team and develop his game further. There is no need to rush him as Utica will probably receive a lot of rookies next year anyways. He played three years in the OHL, he knows North American rinks, so the adjustement will be easy for him whenever he comes over.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joe-max said:

I'd say, give him another year in Finland. He already got a pretty big role in the second part of the season, he should receive a ton of minutes next year. Let him become one of the go to guys on his team and develop his game further. There is no need to rush him as Utica will probably receive a lot of rookies next year anyways. He played three years in the OHL, he knows North American rinks, so the adjustement will be easy for him whenever he comes over.

He could theoretically PTO in Utica for playoffs and still play in Liiga next year FWIW.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Id love to see what he can do in the AHL. I think him and Lockwood could challenge for spots in Utica next season

Lockwood committed to Michigan and Palmu is still signed one more year in Finland. So doubt either of them are there. But lind, dahlen, gadj, Juolevi etc should be!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

A bold statement from Sami Salo on Palmu:

A year later, Palmu and Brassard are looking like two pretty good late round picks so far.

That is very bold haha Good thing to know that its not only CDC that is stoked on Palmu. One more year in Finland and then we could have another very good prospect coming to North America!

• Cheers 1