The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

58 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Diamond also represents #Canucks prospect Petrus Palmu. Talks have started to get Palmu out of his contract with TPS in Finland to sign with the #Canucks.

This guy could really be a diamond in the rough.  I think his being smaller is more of an advantage on the smaller ice, than on the bigger Euro sheets.  He's a tough little nut too. 

He's going to be in Utica next season, and he will do really well.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Diamond also represents #Canucks prospect Petrus Palmu. Talks have started to get Palmu out of his contract with TPS in Finland to sign with the #Canucks.

I’d imagine the talks are fairly straightforward. Palmu would seem to be in the same situation as Jašek (signed the current deal with an IIHF member league after he was drafted by an NHL team). So if he signs an NHL ELC, the TPS contract is likely automatically terminated per the transfer agreement. Maybe more complicated if they want him on an AHL only deal, but sounds like this will be an NHL ELC, which should be as simple as a predetermined transfer fee (either $240K or $325K).

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Interesting! Thought they'd have him develop another year in Finland and then bring him over but this sure would make Utica deeper next year...

It looks like he's ready for the AHL in my opinion. Had a good year in Finland learning the pro game, and getting good opportunity. Now he can come back to NA and help the Comets dominate.

Be nice to see him and Gadjovich reunited on a line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’d imagine the talks are fairly straightforward. Palmu would seem to be in the same situation as Jašek (signed the current deal with an IIHF member league after he was drafted by an NHL team). So if he signs an NHL ELC, the TPS contract is likely automatically terminated per the transfer agreement. Maybe more complicated if they want him on an AHL only deal, but sounds like this will be an NHL ELC, which should be as simple as a predetermined transfer fee (either $240K or $325K).

Ideally not expansion draft eligible

48 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Palmu nominated for Rookie of the Year in Liiga. 

Wonder if Juolevi might have made the top-3 nominees if Palmu hadn't been there? 

OJ was the second leading rookie D scorer in the regular season and the top scoring rookie (all skaters) in the playoffs.

Have to imagine he'd have gotten some consideration. But pretty rare to nominate two rookies from the same team (let alone two that Canucks draft picks).

EDIT: And of course, congrats to Palmu. Well deserved nomination and hopefully he wins. :) 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

On 2018-04-27 at 8:10 AM, Mackcanuck said:

I really hope we get him over here.

This kids got all the talent in the world and could be something really special here. 

It would be really good for his development to get him back onto the smaller ice surface against pros in the "A".

Could see him panning out as a left winger on Horvat's line.