Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

8 hours ago, Derp... said:

Gonna be fun to watch him. I like the team connections that are starting to form. 

I preferred the Medicine Hat vibes we had going. :( 

Gallagher and Lucic where best buds drafted by huge rivals... JB went out and drafted this years version of Lucic and then went out to get his best bud on a late round lotto ticket.  We should rename the Canucks the "long shots".  Crazy awesome if it pans out, that's the type of guy to grab on a seven round pick.  

Great name. Always like to root for these smaller underdog players to make it. Our new Brandon Ried!

From the highlight package, seems like a quick shifty player with good vision. With a decent build for a guy of his height, hopefully he can translate his game to the higher leagues.

Did we get our Gaudreau or DeBrincat with this kid? He put up insane numbers for a 7th rounder. 

• Upvote 2

If he can get 98 points-40 of which are goals-all while only 5'6, his talent speaks for itself.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Johnny Gaudreau 2.0 confirmed.

Palmu is 20 lbs heavier. Would be interesting to see if he plays more like a hybrid of Gaudreau and Gallagher.

7 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Palmu is Valk 2.0!

I like how he plays the point on the power play, and I like his drive. When you watch the highlight package you don't really expect to see a lacrosse goal, and when the awesomeness of the goal jumps out and hits you I dare you not to say "OMG!!"

Edited by darinbadershouldamadeit
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Did we get our Gaudreau or DeBrincat with this kid? He put up insane numbers for a 7th rounder. 

Having watched him on the videos I don't think he is anything like in style to Gaudreau. It's hard to liken him to anybody out there, maybe St louis.

This guy got some talent pulling that lacrosse move!!

Edited by teepain
Spelling

59 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I was excited till I found out he was an overager. Still love the release on his shot. 

Trymakin was an overager.  I like the 'Fire Hydrant' reference.  The kid is solid, has a low center of gravity and is shifty. He will be hard to contain in the open ice. Bure was the same weight and only 2 inches taller.  Johnny Hockey is 20lbs lighter and does fine. 

He is a total long shot, but why not take a stab at a kid that can at least add depth to the Comets. He could be our Seabiscut.  Who else are we going to add in the later rounds?  The best chance these picks have is an outside shoot at making the AHL. No risk all reward as none of these guys is expected to make it. 

EmW

• Upvote 2

Power Play QB for Utica - maybe for the Canucks one day too?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

It was :)