The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

Just now, Dixon Ward said:

Is Petrus going to play in Utica this year?

Yes. He inked his ELC a few weeks ago. Plan is for him to report to training camp and barring some unbelievable performance there, he'll go to Utica for the year and continue to develop.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nergish said:

I ran into Petrus and Jonah Gadjovich outside my building last night.

Palmu is legit 5’6, but man is he solid. 

Really rooting for these guys. Was a little too ‘starstruck’ (lol), I forgot to ask them how Hughes was looking.

After this 2018 draft, he went from the smallest Canuck prospect to the third tallest.   

• Haha 3

On 7/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, Crabcakes said:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.  :bigblush:

He is really interesting as a prospect, the size thing is quite novel and provides great fodder for us fan types. He has a very unique build...  like a power lifter or a wrestler but with the fast twitch muscle needed for the speed of the NHL game. From the tape I watched he seems to be able to move through traffic and attack the net without his size being a barrier. Of course, the tape was all highlights of his points and not of his failed attempts due to being defended by a 6ft+ defender (of which I'm sure there must be plenty... tape and defenders). The fact that he won top rookie in his pro league last year only increases the intrigue. 

On 2018-07-02 at 9:39 PM, Crabcakes said:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.  :bigblush:

Speaking of dogs and fighting. I watched a really disturbing movie on Netflix with a dog fighting story line called Bullethead. If I’d had known it was about dog fighting, no way I would have pressed play. Don’t watch if you love animals. 

• Thanks 1