Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Recommended Posts

Seen a video on the Canucks’ youtube of Palmu and Gadjovich having an axe throwing conpetition. Palmu is built like a beast. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Seen a video on the Canucks’ youtube of Palmu and Gadjovich having an axe throwing conpetition. Palmu is built like a beast. Firehydrant

Fixed that for you

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So... he could be challenging Leipsic for a spot??

And Goldobin, and Gagner.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So... he could be challenging Leipsic for a spot??

In Utica? :ph34r:

 

Not saying Leipsic and Palmu don’t deserve a shot at the Canucks lineup.

 

They both do.

 

I’m just not seeing many openings at forward with the current roster numbers.

 

Seems like there’s a greater chance guys like Leipsic will get waived and send down to Utica than one of our rookie forwards (other than Pettersson) claiming an opening night roster spot.

 

But Palmu definitely looked very good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Seen a video on the Canucks’ youtube of Palmu and Gadjovich having an axe throwing conpetition. Palmu is built like a beast. 

Yep I watched it too. He was way thicker than Gadjovich. He is going to be really hard to play against for the opponents.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

In Utica? :ph34r:

 

Not saying Leipsic and Palmu don’t deserve a shot at the Canucks lineup.

 

They both do.

 

I’m just not seeing many openings at forward with the current roster numbers.

 

Seems like there’s a greater chance guys like Leipsic will get waived and send down to Utica than one of our rookie forwards (other than Pettersson) claiming an opening night roster spot.

 

But Palmu definitely looked very good.

Looks to me like we are going to have quite a few wingers battling for maybe one open winger spot at camp.  A winger spot that seems to have Petterssen penciled in.  But Dahlen, Jasek, Palmu, Lind, Gadjovich all look close.  

Then you have the Motte, Boucher, Goldobin, Leipsic group where we seem to all assume Goldy and Leipsic NHL other two AHL.  

Going to be a lot of players battling for winger spots this year and next as we try to get faster and more skilled while becoming grittier and harder to play against.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see Palmu in camp and how he does against a little higher level of competition.

 

Damn, JB can find those late round gems!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he was drafted, I never gave Palmu much hope of ever making the NHL, seeing as he's only 5'6", but dang, that kid can play. Such a low centre of gravity and stocky, he's really hard to knock down or off the puck, he protects the puck well, seems to make the right plays, good passes. I would love to see him on the team soon. There's a determination bout him, very competitive, whether it's hockey, Jenga or axe throwing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

When he was drafted, I never gave Palmu much hope of ever making the NHL, seeing as he's only 5'6", but dang, that kid can play. Such a low centre of gravity and stocky, he's really hard to knock down or off the puck, he protects the puck well, seems to make the right plays, good passes. I would love to see him on the team soon. There's a determination bout him, very competitive, whether it's hockey, Jenga or axe throwing lol

I never thought he had much of a chance either. 

 

DeBrincat is roughly the same size, but with more skill. If he can succeed in the NHL, no reason Palmu can't. His stature shouldn't be used as an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

When he was drafted, I never gave Palmu much hope of ever making the NHL, seeing as he's only 5'6", but dang, that kid can play. Such a low centre of gravity and stocky, he's really hard to knock down or off the puck, he protects the puck well, seems to make the right plays, good passes. I would love to see him on the team soon. There's a determination bout him, very competitive, whether it's hockey, Jenga or axe throwing lol

Remember Stan Johnathan. Bruins. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Remember Stan Johnathan. Bruins. 

or Bobby Lalonde. (All 5-5 and 150 lbs of him).

Edited by rizzuto&hatoum
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palmu is 172 at 5'6 thats pretty insane, if he is able to add even 5 pounds that would be almost 180, and at that height he would be a beast on the puck, I see definite potential in Palmu, he blew me away with his first season in Finland

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he scores in camp like he did last year I think he may jump over Goldy/Leips/Motte for the extra spot.

Energy guy, maybe he won't body check as hard as Biega at 4th line forward but he'll score more. He looks pretty confident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.