Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

15 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Looks to me like we are going to have quite a few wingers battling for maybe one open winger spot at camp.  A winger spot that seems to have Petterssen penciled in.  But Dahlen, Jasek, Palmu, Lind, Gadjovich all look close.  

Then you have the Motte, Boucher, Goldobin, Leipsic group where we seem to all assume Goldy and Leipsic NHL other two AHL.  

Going to be a lot of players battling for winger spots this year and next as we try to get faster and more skilled while becoming grittier and harder to play against.  

Out of Motte, Boucher, Goldobin and Leipsic, I'm not entirely sure if any of them will make it in the long run. They may make it out of camp but if the youngsters show well, we may see them traded or waived sooner than later. 

Worried about Goldy. He has tantalizing skills but  not sure he has enough grit/jam to make it. 

To make it, he has to evolve like Baerstchi but be even better. The only comparables I see in terms of grit are Boeser and Petterson and I see them leading the team in points so if Goldobin is not able to score at a high pace, he may not fit. The rest of the potential top 6 play a tougher game and go to the hard areas to score and are more reliable defensively. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Out of Motte, Boucher, Goldobin and Leipsic, I'm not entirely sure if any of them will make it in the long run. They may make it out of camp but if the youngsters show well, we may see them traded or waived sooner than later. 

Worried about Goldy. He has tantalizing skills but  not sure he has enough grit/jam to make it. 

To make it, he has to evolve like Baerstchi but be even better. The only comparables I see in terms of grit are Boeser and Petterson and I see them leading the team in points so if Goldobin is not able to score at a high pace, he may not fit. The rest of the potential top 6 play a tougher game and go to the hard areas to score and are more reliable defensively. 

I agree with you. I suspect the prospect depth will pass these guys by. They have another season to prove us wrong. IMHO Baer has proven his cred but injuries have worked against his cementing his spot. Like all players these 5 are possible trade chips. Acquisition-Evaluation-Development have to be the mantra of Canuck management for the next 3 years.  

Man, he was so nice in the Summer game. Some more plays I found of him

What a &^@#ing pass.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1

If Palmu scores 5 goals in preseason I think he gets the 10 game tryout. At least.

Plus he's a slick passer so who knows what kind of assist totals as well. Can't wait to see him in camp.

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If Palmu scores 5 goals in preseason I think he gets the 10 game tryout. At least.

Plus he's a slick passer so who knows what kind of assist totals as well. Can't wait to see him in camp.

Love to have the fire hydrant on the team.  Imagine what a Palmu hip check would look like... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Love to have the fire hydrant on the team.  Imagine what a Palmu hip check would look like... 

If Hansen and Ronning had a baby :P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Clipping?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

lzAvQ4x.jpg

Something like this?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, richado said:

lzAvQ4x.jpg

Something like this?

You can’t un see things. I knew I would regret watching that... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

You can’t un see things. I knew I would regret watching that... 

What is worse is that people paid money to go see this movie in theatres...on a big screen...imagine that...and we wonder why our society is so messed up...lol

43 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

What is worse is that people paid money to go see this movie in theatres...on a big screen...imagine that...and we wonder why our society is so messed up...lol

I read the a book about the fall of the Roman Rebublic recently.  Dude, start building the bunker now...  It read like a parody of events going on now. 

But with a user name of Atilla one would think you know a thing or two about the fall of Rome. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So this wasn’t some random $&!#ty YouTube clip, but a scene in an actual movie that people paid money to go too.....

What movie?????  

Who has actually paid

money to watch it???  Fess up!  

58 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I read the a book about the fall of the Roman Rebublic recently.  Dude, start building the bunker now...  It read like a parody of events going on now. 

But with a user name of Atilla one would think you know a thing or two about the fall of Rome. 

Actually I stole the name from a book called the "Ballad of the Whiskey Robber". It's about a guy named Attila Ambrus, who is a real life robin hood of sorts. And also played in a european mens leauge as a back up goalie (he wasn't very good). But he would rob banks in his off time, and give the lady a rose at the bank teller each time he stole money.
Then give a lot of the money he stole back to the poor neighbor hoods where he was from. He finally was caught and put in prison. He then escaped from prison, then got caught again...anyways I just love that this guy is a real person haha. 

So this wasn’t some random $&!#ty YouTube clip, but a scene in an actual movie that people paid money to go too.....

What movie?????  

Who has actually paid

It was one of the Jackass movies. Not sure which one.

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Actually I stole the name from a book called the "Ballad of the Whiskey Robber". It's about a guy named Attila Ambrus, who is a real life robin hood of sorts. And also played in a european mens leauge as a back up goalie (he wasn't very good). But he would rob banks in his off time, and give the lady a rose at the bank teller each time he stole money.
Then give a lot of the money he stole back to the poor neighbor hoods where he was from. He finally was caught and put in prison. He then escaped from prison, then got caught again...anyways I just love that this guy is a real person haha. 

So you could have picked @Rob_Zepp for your name too?  :o

• Haha 2

What movie?????  

Who has actually paid

Ya, they made 3 movies of it....Jackass 1, 2, and 3....ugh. My generation sucks. All my buddies went to go see it...

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you could have picked @Rob_Zepp for your name too?  :o

Back up?!  :ph34r:

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Back up?!  :ph34r:

I knew that comment would get your back up.  :lol:

• Haha 1