Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

12 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

I don't know what you've been watching, but these kids really haven't earned a spot in the line-up yet. They very much need more development time in Utica. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Yeah I don’t understand how people think Petrus Palmu is gunna go out there and score at .5 ppg like gagner and Eriksson can. Until the kids can show they can replace the production of the vets, it’s going to be hard for them to make the team

• Hydration 1

Yeh true But I also feel Gagne needs more development. So I would keep the best one and send him packing.

2 hours ago, cory40 said:

Yeh true But I also feel Gagne needs more development. So I would keep the best one and send him packing.

We have players like Gagner so that we don't have to rush our young players. If we don't have players like Gagner, then we end up rushing our prospects and setup for potential failure. It would really not be a fun spot to be in don't you think?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

We have players like Gagner so that we don't have to rush our young players. If we don't have players like Gagner, then we end up rushing our prospects and setup for potential failure. It would really not be a fun spot to be in don't you think?

Could call up Peter Chiarelli and ask him?

• Haha 2

How has Palmu looks thus far? I don't have much time to catch Utica games, just sort of following production. Noticed he hasn't cracked the score sheet yet. Anything holding him back? 

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

How has Palmu looks thus far? I don't have much time to catch Utica games, just sort of following production. Noticed he hasn't cracked the score sheet yet. Anything holding him back? 

Opposing teams goaltending :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He's been playing in the bottom six. Minutes on ice aren't very high. And he's been shuffled in and out of the lineup alongside Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, and Lukas Jasek as Trent Cull gets used to playing "the young guys". So he hasn't even had much consistency with who and when and where he is playing. I expect he'll pick it up in the later half of the season but he's probably in for at least another year after this one in the AHL before he gets a sniff at the NHL level.

He's still doing well considering he was a 6th round pick. I still think he has NHL upside.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Palmu very visible in the offensive zone tonite.  Creating lots of chances buzzing around.  Don’t write this guy off yet.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Palmu very visible in the offensive zone tonite.  Creating lots of chances buzzing around.  Don’t write this guy off yet.

are people writing off a player in his first year playing NA pro hockey?

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, stawns said:

are people writing off a player in his first year playing NA pro hockey?

People writing off a player that was a long shot to begin with? Oh wait, a 6th rounder with "potential" should be pushing for a job with the big club before his 1st season in NA is even 1/2 over. 

Some players need to adapt to  ore than just Hockey. language culture and rink size. Very few Elias Pettersson type players out there!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Some players need to adapt to  ore than just Hockey. language culture and rink size. Very few Elias Pettersson type players out there!

3 years in Owen Sound. I thought he looked good in the last game he played. Was surprised he didn't dress in Utica's next game.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I thought that PP looked good in the FB streamed game vs Springfield. Not a fan of his usage this year. I guess the choice was ECHL or Finland.

Edit: EliteProspects shows him as playing for TPS ( Liiga )

Edited by SingleThorn

32 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I thought that PP looked good in the FB streamed game vs Springfield. Not a fan of his usage this year. I guess the choice was ECHL or Finland.

Edit: EliteProspects shows him as playing for TPS ( Liiga )

That's where he played last year.

• Thanks 1