Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

hockey is a multi million dollar business, run by professionals that have been in the trade for years. If one kid, and that is what you are focusing on, does not get it that is on the player.

All the other players seem to get it, so if every body else is getting it, it would seem to me that the problem is the kid; not the coaches or organization.

Remember this is the self entitled illegal fisher of Europe. Hopefully he comes back after growing his game and his maturity.

I totally disagree. It’s the coaching staff with lack of communication skills and laziness to teach young kids.

yes the Staff knows hockey but NOT people skills.

who f’n cares about your fishing crap story. It’s just stupid with zero points.

Edited by HockeyHarry

12 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I totally disagree. It’s the coaching staff with lack of communication skills and laziness to teach young kids.

yes the Staff knows hockey but NOT people skills.

who f’n cares about your fishing crap story. It’s just stupid with zero points.

The fishing story is an example of this kid's lack of respect for authority. It seems that lack of respect extended to his coaches.

And again, all the other players down in Utica seem to following the program set out by the team and coaches.

Edited by gurn

It doesn’t matter it’s a kid.

just be professional and develop him.

thats their only job.

Do everything possible to develop that kid.

it sounds like the Staff needs schooling in teaching and how to be professional about their job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It doesn’t matter it’s a kid.

just be professional and develop him.

thats their only job.

Do everything possible to develop that kid.

it sounds like the Staff needs schooling in teaching and how to be professional about their job.

Sounds like this one kid needs to get and the coaches will keep coaching all the other players that do get it.

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Juolevi, McCann, Virtanen, Tryamkin were all dealt with horribly.  Gaunce the refrigerator can play an NHL game but can't actually get anything done, Gaudette much of the same so far and clearly they wan't him developing far away from Utica.   Lind, Gadjovich, Dahlen all 2nd round picks having "meh" years, yes I know they are rookies but still showing little signs of progression thus far. Palmu already shipped back to Finland. Little Jordan Subban's AHL career took a serious nose dive after we tried to teach him how to play defense, as did Hunter Shinaruk's.  Stecher fast tracked, Baertschi mostly developed in Calgary just needed change of scenery. Finally Demko has risen to the top after years of solid progression but even still, we haven't seen him play yet and he is taking the goalie's long road.  

We don't develop young talent well it's been this way for years.  Boeser, Petterson and Horvat are special kinds of players, they don't need to be hand held.  We havent  developed well since the Edler, Burrows, Kesler, Hansen days

Utter garbage. 

I've had enough, you are exactly the type of fan I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Sounds like this one kid needs to get and the coaches will keep coaching all the other players that do get it.

I think JB needs to investigate the Comet staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think JB needs to investigate the Comet staff.

Do you assume that JB doesn't do continual reviews on both himself and everyone in the organization?

Every other player down there gets it, just the one guy with issues and you are continuing to blame the staff that has no problem with 24 plus players down there.

to me you are thinking strangely.

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

yes I know they are rookies but still showing little signs of progression thus far

Perhaps, just perhaps, that is because they are rookies?

sorry alfstonker that was supposed to be a quote of 5th line, not you

Edited by gurn

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

So they either have what it takes or they don't?   Development is just some made up thing?  

The whole point of my post was that it takes time to draft and develop. Some make it, some fall through the cracks and some never had the talent to begin with. I'm not sure what you read.

37 minutes ago, gurn said:

Do you assume that JB doesn't do continual reviews on both himself and everyone in the organization?

Every other player down there gets it, just the one guy with issues and you are continuing to blame the staff that has no problem with 24 plus players down there.

to me you are thinking strangely.

First off this is a development program....to develop Canucks prospects. That means the Staff needs high teaching skills and communication skills along with hockey knowledge.

Yes I think JB has phone conversations with the Staff there, but talk is wind. JB needs to really get to the bottom of what’s really going on there.

how much one on one time does Staff daily spend on Canucks prospects. Is it just bs office talking or video reviews, and how much on ice one on one time is spent.

kids really need to know what’s truely going on in the coaches head about them, so the kid can focus on hockey learning instead of questioning what’s going on. Why this, why that...if there’s communication the kid will get it... maybe not like it but he’ll get it. And development will happen.

if a kids lazy and bad at defending then put that kid on the pk. That kid will quickly figure it out. This is not the NHL it’s a learning program.

Edited by HockeyHarry

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Utter garbage. 

How is it garbage?  McCann and Virtanen were both rushed in to the league when they weren't ready, Juolevi and Tryamkin are a much longer story that I'm not getting in to right now.  And you just aren't going to bother with the rest of my post?  I don't enjoy the fact that we don't develop young players well and haven't for years, but until someone proves otherwise...why would I lie to myself and say we are a good developmental team?  why are you lying to yourself?  

Edited by The 5th Line

43 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

The whole point of my post was that it takes time to draft and develop. Some make it, some fall through the cracks and some never had the talent to begin with. I'm not sure what you read.

You are giving the team a pass and saying that the ones who didn't make it simply just weren't good enough.  Maybe they were good enough but they weren't developed properly?    It's the chicken and the egg, but this should be about results and the results of us developing young players just isn't there.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Enter Botchford, essentially calling Lind and Gadjovich busted prospects, "At the age where they have to show something by now"... at 20 years old, three months into their pro careers.   

Absolute garbage.

Bottom line: 

You do what the coach says, you work your butt off, you get results = you get ice-time.  "But you gotta play me coach, to show what I can do" -- EVERY player says that same thing, it's no excuse at all.

It is almost funny coming from Botchturd but then is just sad.

Botchturd is a middle aged man in a profession with not much competition and even then he sucks. His IQ is low, his vision with respect to hockey is non existent, he can't stick handle around any well thought out or professional types of questions, and he looks weak.

Ironic.  ::D

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Utter garbage. 

He is not a fan imo.

13 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Was that not Holland?

You know I think you're right :)  The point is IMO chnage comes slower to hockey because it's not subject to so many varying elements. A number of years if you recall Hockey Canada held a summit of hockey minds to try and isolate the problems with the sport …. top to bottom,  but seems to me not a lot has happened for instance for the size and population of countries such as Finland  population 5.5  million and 73K participants, Sweden pop 10 million and particiant  62K as against Canada 36  mill and 637K particpants  and yet you look at percentage of EU players in the NHL. I think of the high end goalies coming out of EU. Some countries are hitting above their weight class and we tend to tag along behind ...what Canada has is volume. I tend to believe Palmu gets more direct help at home where every player is worth attention. He likely expected much the same in Utica

IMO

The AHL should be thought as a Development program league for NHL hockey.

and less thought of as a pro hockey league. 

Thats the problem AHL gms and coach’s  think they are running NHL teams or WHL, OHL, QMJHL teams. 

AHL shouldn’t be ran like that. 

It should be 100% development driven to make future NHL players and ran as such. 

But that just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

What's really interesting about this is

A. Palmu/Kakko will end up with some pre-existing chemistry

B.  Kakko being played as a centre?  Has this happened before?  With any consistency?  If so how has he looked?

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

B.  Kakko being played as a centre?  Has this happened before?  With any consistency?  If so how has he looked?

If I remember reading it right he was a centre before playing for TPS in Liiga. Most scouts Ive heard say he will be a winger in the NHL, but it definitely doesn't hurt to have a big winger who knows how to play centre on your team if needed.

49 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The Canucks drafting Kakko is going to take lightning striking twice like Philly jumping from 13 to 2, a 1 in 50 chance in 2017