The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably it's been mentioned a few times already but I love the fact that Palmu becomes the final piece from the Hansen trade.

That conditional 4th (Sharks #112) was the pick we traded to Chicago for #135 and #181.

Effectively, we traded Hansen for Goldobin, Gunnarsson, and Palmu.

No one has, so thank you for pointing it out. Man those Benning trades ended up gems for us on paper (we will see where they end up eventually). I've got to say this pick has grown on me as I've thought more about it and done more research into him. I was being a little bit "heightist" and didn't think much of him before, but I'm all on board now. He could be the steal of the draft in the 6th round. Having a 1 in 4 shot that far back once again shows Benning's master drafting skills.

P.S. Did you see those arms on this kid? Damn those are some pipes. Looked like the size of Gadjovich's head in that picture. If he's built like that everywhere we've got a stud.

Edited by Mattrek
  • Upvote 1

Probably my favourite pick of the draft. There were some no brainers early, but this one took some real knowledge and guts.

Just look at his shots here. One timer from the point on the pp mid/top left, turn and quick release of a loose puck, bottom right snipe, top cheddar right all in the same game. His ability to shoot with his head up is really good. Picks his spots based on the goalies position as opposed to just firing it. His shot actually reminds me of McCann's in the OHL.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably it's been mentioned a few times already but I love the fact that Palmu becomes the final piece from the Hansen trade.

That conditional 4th (Sharks #112) was the pick we traded to Chicago for #135 and #181.

::D

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2017 at 3:22 AM, alfstonker said:

Having watched him on the videos I don't think he is anything like in style to Gaudreau. It's hard to liken him to anybody out there, maybe St louis.

good comparison. I know most people get scared off by the fact he was an overager. But the way I see it is the reason overagers usually put up a ton of points is because by the time they are an overager they usually have had a pretty big growth spurt. Not the case in Petrus case. I admit I never really heard about him.. But i'm also the guy who thought JH would never make it so what the hell do I know lol.

GMJB has always had A knack for findinding these type of late round steals. and I love we drafted his beast of A teammate in the second round. its like burt protecting nazzy and morrisson  all over again lol. 

And Kole lind really intrigues me. Projected first rounder wonder why he slipped? And I wonder if that was the guy JB was talking about when he said he would consider moving both his seconds if the guy he liked was still there in the first. If he was glad it worked out cus the guy we got with our second 2nd round pick looks like an absolute steal. can never spell his name right. 

Only guy I would have wished fell to us at 33 or someone I might have given both 2nds for is Kim Kostin. Swear that guy is gonna be the next Kucharov or Kuznetsov. Can't believe he dropped to 30th 

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Petri Skriko 2.0? ( ya I'm old)

ha so am I I still have his and Patrick Sundstrom's autographed stick.. Do you remember at the old pacific coliseum  after games they would let A certain amount of kids back near the dressing room?

Well I was decked out in head to toe in my jets gear So I got picked as one of the kids and Patrick first gave me his stick if I promised to become A canucks fan lol  I think it was 86 and Petri skriko came over and gave me his stick and A game worn jersey I was in shock and promised to become A canucks fan.

IN 1992  my Aunt who worked for the winnipeg free press has season tickets to the jets. I happened to be be visiting Winnipeg for A funeral and to cheer me up my Dad took me to the most famous game in Jets franchise history  it was 1992 against Quebec when he broke mike bossy's record and threw his glove and shot it with his stick, what a game to be at..

Funny thing was just to be A dick I wore a canucks jersey ,and  the Jets had this stupid mascot that kind of looked like the philly fanatic. well in good fun he pretended to fight me. it was all in good fun but I fell and twisted my ankle. Next thing I know I got a stick and jersey signed by the whole club. In hindsight should have sued their asses lol .

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hope Honey Badger brings good karma for all three..nice return.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bp79 said:

ha so am I I still have his and Patrick Sundstrom's autographed stick.. Do you remember at the old pacific coliseum  after games they would let A certain amount of kids back near the dressing room?

Well I was decked out in head to toe in my jets gear So I got picked as one of the kids and Patrick first gave me his stick if I promised to become A canucks fan lol  I think it was 86 and Petri skriko came over and gave me his stick and A game worn jersey I was in shock and promised to become A canucks fan.

IN 1992  my Aunt who worked for the winnipeg free press has season tickets to the jets. I happened to be be visiting Winnipeg for A funeral and to cheer me up my Dad took me to the most famous game in Jets franchise history  it was 1992 against Quebec when he broke mike bossy's record and threw his glove and shot it with his stick, what a game to be at..

Funny thing was just to be A dick I wore a canucks jersey ,and  the Jets had this stupid mascot that kind of looked like the philly fanatic. well in good fun he pretended to fight me. it was all in good fun but I fell and twisted my ankle. Next thing I know I got a stick and jersey signed by the whole club. In hindsight should have sued their asses lol .

Inspiring..you always seem to 'stick' 2 it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Inspiring..you always seem to 'stick' 2 it!

Thanks. Could you imagine nowadays being able to get right in the bowels of rogers place? Life was so simple before. As A kid running out of your seat hoping to get close enough to the dressing room so you could get noticed.. Ha The smell my god was terrible.