The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Forgotten prospect Petrus Palmu has scored 11 points (4G 7A) and is a +7 through his 8 games played this season.

That’s good enough to lead the Finnish Liiga in points per game (among all players with >1GP). 

Well with the way his agent was talking theres a good chance we see him back here next year. But, considering how some bridges seem to have been burnt lets hope he continues to perform well enough that he becomes a valuable trade piece for us

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well with the way his agent was talking theres a good chance we see him back here next year. But, considering how some bridges seem to have been burnt lets hope he continues to perform well enough that he becomes a valuable trade piece for us

That might be the best thing for everyone. If Palmu can finish near the top of Liiga scoring this season, he may be worth a draft pick to another team. I don’t really see the fit for him in our future lineup, but he could catch on with another organization (still a long shot to make the NHL of course). Recouping a draft pick would be a good result IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That might be the best thing for everyone. If Palmu can finish near the top of Liiga scoring this season, he may be worth a draft pick to another team. I don’t really see the fit for him in our future lineup, but he could catch on with another organization (still a long shot to make the NHL of course). Recouping a draft pick would be a good result IMO.

Well he’s on pace to destroy his point total from last year

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Now up to 16 points (6G 10A) in 10 games.

Palmu scoring right now at a rate the Finnish league hasn’t really seen from its players since the 80’s and 90’s! 

:lol: (I know it’s only been 10 games)

Maybe they can trade him to Columbus if their Finnish GM has any picks left?  They could save millions on the amateur scouting department!  

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Now up to 16 points (6G 10A) in 10 games.

Palmu scoring right now at a rate the Finnish league hasn’t really seen from its players since the 80’s and 90’s! 

:lol: (I know it’s only been 10 games)

Still he’s on 1.6 ppg pace, league leaders are around 1.1, glad he’s doing well

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Petrus Palmu’s stock he exploded off the charts. Once thought of as fringe potential now 1st line potential.  

C0DFCDB7-432B-469A-A8A2-8898DBBA2FDD.png

63DD60D8-2C17-41F1-83C2-573E82B98E85.png

6B25F23B-1503-4E0F-90B2-5F955A72AA84.png

Wow amazing, I didn't even know he had exploded offensively. 16 points in 10 games in Finnish Liiga is definitely on par with at least 1.2 - 1.3 ppg avg in the AHL. Maybe he isn't a bust afterall...but will he get a chance to play in our deep lineup? It's highly unlikely...

you know...………..,people just do not understand

Between 18 and 22 there is a natural progression of muscle mass and strength

yes the muscles get stronger

and the co-ordination that may have slowed down returns

so yeah he is stronger and better than he was when he played in the AHL for that short time

Not to mention his confidence has matured

It just amazes me when grown Adults on CDC do not understand this

Everybody is so impatient

Now the fact that he has shown so well early in the year

Well, lets hope he does it the whole year, and makes it hard for Benning

I love this!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

you know...………..,people just do not understand

Between 18 and 22 there is a natural progression of muscle mass and strength

yes the muscles get stronger

and the co-ordination that may have slowed down returns

so yeah he is stronger and better than he was when he played in the AHL for that short time

Not to mention his confidence has matured

It just amazes me when grown Adults on CDC do not understand this

Everybody is so impatient

Now the fact that he has shown so well early in the year

Well, lets hope he does it the whole year, and makes it hard for Benning

I love this!

Martin St Louis didn't break out until he was 25. Not saying Palmu will even make it as an NHL player, but it never hurts to have these long shot prospects stashed away as Canucks property. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Palmu playing really well.

Most PPG for any player in Liiga that has played over 10 games with 1.55 PPG

17 points(7G/10A) in 11 games!!!

It is promising to see, I wonder if we can find any highlights of him?

And the player who currently has the 3rd overall PPG in Liiga is another Canuck prospect!

2011 6th rounder Patrick Westerholm -- the future is bright with these two snipers!! :bigblush:

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And the player who currently has the 3rd overall PPG in Liiga is another Canuck prospect!

2011 6th rounder Patrick Westerholm -- the future is bright with these two snipers!! :bigblush:

And Pathrik is tied (at 17 points) with his twin brother Ponthus Westerholm for the Lukko (team) scoring lead.

Swedish twins FTW!!! :P