The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

On 11/20/2019 at 9:23 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He's also playing 17:18 minutes per game, is a +16 in 13 games, has 2 game winning goals and if I understand correctly only two came on the powerplay. Looking pretty good so far. I'll see him live during Christmas holidays. Will be fun.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Palmu for Andrew Peeke from Columbus? 

Right Handed D. 

6'3" 

205 lbs.

11 points in 17 games in the AHL.

Carrying on the tradition of US College hockey players, and salvaging our 2016 draft pool? :)

If Columbus was willing to make that trade then absolutely. But, I think we'd need to add a pick or something

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Palmu is one of our best performing prospects at the moment. Is AHL next season out of the question? Would be nice to see him prove himself in Utica 

I think he'll be back in Utica before the end of their season. As soon as his season wraps up in Finland, I believe the intention is to have him back there.

I think he was sent to Finland due to overcrowding in Utica. I think they felt his development would be better served over there.

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think he'll be back in Utica before the end of their season. As soon as his season wraps up in Finland, I believe the intention is to have him back there.

I think he was sent to Finland due to overcrowding in Utica. I think they felt his development would be better served over there.

Just for the sake of correctness, Palmu  was not sent to the Finnish League he chose himself to leave Utica. He wasn't initially snapped up at the beginning of this season by any club. He   ...HE … did find a home himself. I hope he does get an invite to return but I'm not sure we should hold our breath. NHL types don't like being crossed  ::D

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Just for the sake of correctness, Palmu  was not sent to the Finnish League he chose himself to leave Utica. He wasn't initially snapped up at the beginning of this season by any club. He   ...HE … did find a home himself. I hope he does get an invite to return but I'm not sure we should hold our breath. NHL types don't like being crossed  ::D

"Comets general manager Ryan Johnson said Thursday there was mutual agreement that Palmu needs meaningful minutes to get his game in order."

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Glad our Finish Fire hydrant is putting up points and getting ice time.....I always have liked Palmu. Hope he keeps developing.

im guilty of bashing Utica but I wasn’t there and it makes sense that Palmu needs ice time that the Finish league is providing.

Alls good I wouldn’t think any bridges are burnt....I don’t think Canucks have a Babcock type mentality.

• 2 weeks later...

After playing three games with the national team (1 assist) Palmu is back in Liiga action. In his first game he had an assist, today saw 1st place Kärpät (featuring Jesse Puljujärvi and Jussi Jokinen) play 3rd place JYP (with Palmu and Julius Honka). Good game, JYP won 5:2.

Palmu scored a nice goal, added an assist and set up three more grade A chances. Looked really strong on and off the puck, quick on his feet and very dangerous. Played on the 2nd line, 2nd PP unit and also 2nd shorthanded unit. Went for the open net and missed it for an icing call, otherwise a strong game.

Puljujärvi was disappointing. His strenghth and skill are visible, but he is playing too fancy and doesn't defend hard (was -2 in this game). He also got 2+10 for elbowing. Palmu looked more like a player who is trying to force his way back into North America.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Strange that they didn't do that with Dahlen. 

I could be wrong, but I thought Dahlen got regular 1st unit PP time.  BTW, I have no bone to pick with you about Dahlen.  He seems happy playing back in Timra lighting it up.  I wish things had worked out better for him and the Canucks.  But, I don't get why you're here ceaselessly pumping the tires of every swedish player in the organization, while relentlessly ripping the team.  It's not as if the Canucks have a spotty track record when it comes Swedish players.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dungass said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Dahlen got regular 1st unit PP time.  BTW, I have no bone to pick with you about Dahlen.  He seems happy playing back in Timra lighting it up.  I wish things had worked out better for him and the Canucks.  But, I don't get why you're here ceaselessly pumping the tires of every swedish player in the organization, while relentlessly ripping the team.  It's not as if the Canucks have a spotty track record when it comes Swedish players.

When did I relentlessly rip the team? 

And pumping the tires of every swedish player... Wich ones? 

I like a balanced opinion and it hasn't been that with Dahlen and Loui. 

Like here with Palmu, or Tryamkin if you like, they  left the otganisation due to reasons we don't know much about. Dahlen gets traded and hunted down. 

Why didn't Benning just put Dahlen on hold in Timrå til he matured? 

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Maybe the kid's dumb as a farm animal? Seems to have muddled & squandered every opportunity he could.

I mean, Palmu never demanded a trade either. For that matter, neither did Tryamkin. While I have issues with the way Tryamkin left, he never actually demanded to be traded from the organization, and he could still theoretically play for us some time down the line. And Palmu never got meaningful ice time in Utica, so he made the decision to go to Finland and get some meaningful minutes, which is understandable. And again, never asked for a trade and still has every indication of wanting to make the Canucks down the line. Dahlen, by contrast, demanded a trade, despite getting meaningful minutes in Utica, because he thought he was too good for the AHL, and when he got his trade and San Jose also didn't feel he was NHL ready, he packed his $&!# and left. Slightly different situations. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

Exactly why I don't read their posts lol.

• Wat 1

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Strange that they didn't do that with Dahlen. 

He demanded a trade, not an opportunity to play elsewhere to develop. Palmu's agent went to find an opportunity for him, while Dahlen's agent tried to force their hand to get him to the NHL faster. Different scenarios IMO.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

He demanded a trade, not an opportunity to play elsewhere to develop. Palmu's agent went to find an opportunity for him, while Dahlen's agent tried to force their hand to get him to the NHL faster. Different scenarios IMO.

Can you find somewhere that Dahlen himself say that? 

The things I read it talks about more of an agreement with Benning and the agent. 

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Maybe the kid's dumb as a farm animal? Seems to have muddled & squandered every opportunity he could.

Really? He's doing fine in Timrå and it seems as he's taken a step further in development with the AHL experience.

But, I just compared situations with Palmu as they are similar. If you want to talk about Dahlen only he got his alumnithread. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Can you find somewhere that Dahlen himself say that? 

The things I read it talks about more of an agreement with Benning and the agent. 

Really? He's doing fine in Timrå and it seems as he's taken a step further in development with the AHL experience.

But, I just compared situations with Palmu as they are similar. If you want to talk about Dahlen only he got his alumnithread. 

Unfortunately for Dahlen playing in a second tier league was a step back and didn’t try to stick it out in North America.

He had some promising qualities but didn’t seem to want to put his head down and go to work, instead he wanted to fast track himself and fell flat on his face and went back to a place where he was worshipped.