Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Matt Brassard | D

Here’s the goal:

Brassard sniping one from the Boeser spot! Looks like we may have another RH shooting option down low. ;) 

The way he’s celebrating, you’d almost think it’s a road game. Matty loves to rub it in, especially if he can get the opposing bench and the road fans angry. He has some agitator/pest to his game. But it’s at home. Probably just psyched he scored.

Nice celly either way. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typo

Brassard FTW!

Oshawa wins 4-3 in OT.

Brassard with 2 goals, including the game winner.

He now has 14 points (6G 8A) in 18 games.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

Why is this guy not being reported on more by the press. He looks like a high end prospect to me with NHL potential. He is proving that last year was no fluke. He has taken his game to another level. Canucks need to sign this kid!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Why is this guy not being reported on more by the press. He looks like a high end prospect to me with NHL potential. He is proving that last year was no fluke. He has taken his game to another level. Canucks need to sign this kid!

Please for the love of God, stay healthy!! Haha

• Haha 1

Great prospect. Its nice to at least have a potential RD prospect with offensive skills. I have a hard time seeing him not signed this offseason and he looks like a guy that could be solid for us in a couple years!

This is his fourth year in the CHL, that's why there's not more hype around him.  

Glad to see him doing well, he'll be in tough to get a spot in the AHL next year but I hope he keeps on improving.  

On 11/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, kenhodgejr said:

Probably cause he is 20 in Junior. 

Speaking of which, any reason he isn't with Utica? He is older than Lind but is in Junior still. Does he need to have 4 years of Junior before he can graduate to Pro? It was my understanding that it was 4 years of Junior OR turning 20 before a certain date before he can go pro. Seems like 20 in August would be old enough to graduate to pro, I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Probably cause he is 20 in Junior. 

Speaking of which, any reason he isn't with Utica? He is older than Lind but is in Junior still. Does he need to have 4 years of Junior before he can graduate to Pro? It was my understanding that it was 4 years of Junior OR turning 20 before a certain date before he can go pro. Seems like 20 in August would be old enough to graduate to pro, I could be wrong though.

Brassard was eligible to play in the AHL this year. I believe the main reason he stayed in Junior was because of his off-season shoulder surgery  that put him back quite a bit. He could not participate at the Young Stars Tournament or attend training camp because of the injury. There were some projections that he would not be ready until well into the season.

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Brassard was eligible to play in the AHL this year. I believe the main reason he stayed in Junior was because of his off-season shoulder surgery  that put him back quite a bit. He could not participate at the Young Stars Tournament or attend training camp because of the injury. There were some projections that he would not be ready until well into the season.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Nice to see he is recovering pretty nicely based on his production.

41 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Brassard with 1 assist, +1, 2 SOG, and 4 PIM tonight.

Now at 16 points (6G 10A) in 24 games.

Production has definitely slowed, glad to see him getting on the board again. Hopefully he can keep it going! Had high hopes for him this year...fighting for a contract.

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

Production has definitely slowed, glad to see him getting on the board again. Hopefully he can keep it going! Had high hopes for him this year...fighting for a contract.

Yeah, I still think he might’ve tweaked something that game a while back when he went down and came up clutching his arm. Didn’t really miss much time, but since then, his shot volume is way down, and he hasn’t scored as much. So maybe he’s was playing a bit hurt and, if it was his arm that was banged up, that could easily affect his offence. Also, they have Vallati who can step right in on PP1, and a much deeper overall D group this year. Gross has been on first pairing and Brassard has played 2nd pairing (at least the past while). And he’s switched between 1PP and 2PP, while last year he’d practically play the full 2 minutes on the man advantage.

On 11/18/2018 at 6:27 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Love the little skate over to the opposition bench and vocal celebration after the goal. Ref and a Gens teammate are even trying to hold him back as Matty skates right over to the Niagara bench and gives the Icedogs players an earful as he rubs his GWG in their noses. This was a chippy game, with 18 penalties called and 14 power plays, so clearly Matt was fired up and wanted to give it to the Icedogs. But honestly, Brassard also just likes to be a s*** disturber, regardless of the game story. Couldn’t find a nicer guy with off the ice, and he’s loved by his teammates, but he sure isn’t popular with opponents. Seems like he never passes up an opportunity to rub a little salt in the wounds.

You sound like an adult content author the way you described the play :bigblush:

Not that I would know what adult books are like -_-