The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation - Canuck Prospects in 2018 World Junior Championship

Rob_Zepp

It seems like for the first time in many years, the Canucks may have quite a few players at the WJC which is in Buffalo for 2018.    Feel free to use this thread to debate/suggest players but it would seem at a minimum the following will get serious consideration:

Canada - DiPietro, Lind and perhaps Gadjovich

United States - Lockwood

Sweden - Pettersson, Dahlen

Finland - Juolevi

Feel free to add others but cannot recall a time when 6 plus players were in WJC from this franchise.    

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It seems like for the first time in many years, the Canucks may have quite a few players at the WJC which is in Buffalo for 2018.    Feel free to use this thread to debate/suggest players but it would seem at a minimum the following will get serious consideration:

Canada - DiPietro, Lind and perhaps Gadjovich

United States - Lockwood

Sweden - Pettersson, Dahlen

Finland - Juolevi

Feel free to add others but cannot recall a time when 6 plus players were in WJC from this franchise.    

Dahlen will be too old...

It's looking good though.

Gadjovich was invited to the WJC summer camp but Lind wasn't. Things can change depending on how the first few months of the season go, though.

Would be nice to DiPietro in goal behind Hart. Pettersson and Juolevi will be stars for their teams, and Lockwood should have a decent chance of making it (especially if he shows offensive progress in his first couple months of the season).

By my count, of the TC summer invites, Gadjovich was the only 2017 draft-eligible player that was not taken in the first round. 

I'd say that is a good sign for the Canucks that Team Canada also saw a lot of positives in him. 

I also see several invitees that will probably make an NHL opening day roster, so there is certainly room for both Gadjovich and Lind if they impress in the Fall.

12 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Palmu and dahlen too old. I just don't see Lind Making it but gadjovich has a chance based on the type of player he is. 

Who would be in line ahead of Lind? I haven't looked at wj hopefuls for this year. 

21 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Who would be in line ahead of Lind? I haven't looked at wj hopefuls for this year. 

Vilardi, Patrick, Howden, Glass, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Dubé, Benson, Mcleod.

Those are some of the centers but obviously some will have to play out of position. 

Lind will have a tough time making it if they all go to the WJC.

Patrick and PLD might make NHL though.

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I think Will Lockwood will open a lot of peoples eyes at this WJHC. He is a really, really good player. 

Jim gave him a nice confidence boost by picking him so high. 

I'd sure like to see OJ have a good tournament. 

1 hour ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Vilardi, Patrick, Howden, Glass, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Dubé, Benson, Mcleod.

Those are some of the centers but obviously some will have to play out of position. 

Lind will have a tough time making it if they all go to the WJC.

Patrick and PLD might make NHL though.

Thought Lind was listed as a LW? 

22 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Lind is listed as RW/C

My point is many of the wingers will actually be centermen. Team Canada is pretty deep. I don't see Lind making it

It's definitely an uphill battle, but if Lind comes out on fire to start next season and there are a few players that make their NHL teams or have injuries, hopefully he makes himself noticeable to be chosen.

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's definitely an uphill battle, but if Lind comes out on fire to start next season and there are a few players that make their NHL teams or have injuries, hopefully he makes himself noticeable to be chosen.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm rooting for the guy. Hopefully he gets it done.

• 3 weeks later...

It is pretty exciting looking at our growing number of prospects and realizing how many could be showcased this Christmas in my favourite tourney of the year!  After a decade of 1 of 2 prospects cracking WJC lineups it may be safe to say that this year we have 3-4 prominent members of their respective teams.  Just curious who you think makes their teams and where they play on them?

Dahlen and Petterssen  top 6

Juolevi       top pair

DePeitro     2 or 3

Lind           Top 6

Gadjovich    Bottom 6

Are Gaudette, Goldobin or Boeser eligible?

11 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

It is pretty exciting looking at our growing number of prospects and realizing how many could be showcased this Christmas in my favourite tourney of the year!  After a decade of 1 of 2 prospects cracking WJC lineups it may be safe to say that this year we have 3-4 prominent members of their respective teams.  Just curious who you think makes their teams and where they play on them?

Dahlen and Petterssen  top 6

Juolevi       top pair

DePeitro     2 or 3

Lind           Top 6

Jankovic    Bottom 6

Are Gaudette, Goldobin or Boeser eligible?

Joelevi Boeser goldobin gaudette are not eligible.

Jankovic is not even a canuck prospect.

Archived