The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation - Canuck Prospects in 2018 World Junior Championship

Rob_Zepp

29 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Fair point.  We can only hope he becomes that indispensable that quickly.

I think Liiga under Salo and captain again at the WJC would be a good scenario. He does have the skill to be in the NHL this season, but it will be the mental game that is the X factor. He does tend to hang his head when he makes a mistake and he needs to take the game more in stride. Hopefully there a couple injuries (doesn't sound right) and he gets his 9 games in. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:52 AM, cyoung said:

Honestly gadjovich has a better chance than Lind. Both will most likely not be chosen, but a huge start to the year could turn some heads. 

Gadjovich....scored something like 40 goals in his last 41 games...if his skating improves at all I think he may be a lock for the team....Lind is in tougher I think.

wonder if i should buy some team Sweden tix. on the far out chance we win the lottery and draft Rasmus Dahlin!

:)))))

genius planning?  or a waste of money?

why are the world jr tickets so god damn expensive!

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

wonder if i should buy some team Sweden tix. on the far out chance we win the lottery and draft Rasmus Dahlin!

:)))))

genius planning?  or a waste of money?

why are the world jr tickets so god damn expensive!

Or buy them because you get to watch Canuck prospect Elias Pettersson?

17 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but I don't see Dahlin's NHL team lending him to the Swedish jr. squad. He'll go the same route as Ekblad.

then i shall stay home and watch on the tv. (in a russian accent) :)

On 2017-07-15 at 11:37 PM, TheSnipeshow91 said:

It sucks that Pettersson, Lind and Gadj will be too old for the WJC in Vancouver next year. Would've been awesome to have the baby Canucks playing for their countries in Vancouver. Hopefully our 2018 draft picks make their respective WJC rosters.

We will likely have another top 5 pick next year to showcase in the event at least.

Archived