The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2017/2018 Calder Prediction.

Pretty simple question.

Who do you guys think will win the calder next year as best rookie skater?

Can Boeser legitimately challenge if he makes the big club? 

Nolan Patrick and Nico Hischier being the obvious contenders. With Hischier likely playing with Taylor Hall next year, that could be something to really watch. Not sure who Nolan Patrick would play alongside in the Flyers lineup.

Share your thoughts!

I Don't think Boeser is a lock by any means but he has a chance if he can build off last year. 

9 games is too small a sample size to be reliable but if Boeser scored at the same rate over 82 games, he would finish with 45 points. Impressive for a rookie but probably not enough for the Calder with the competition he'll have. Hopefully a summer training and getting more familiar with the team will get him to the next level.

Hischier, Patrick, Strome, Keller, Sergachev, Boeser, Ho sang, Eriksson Ek, Chabot and maybe just maybe Juolevi

Side note: Imagine Chabot playing alongside Karlsson......Chabot immediately gets his stats padded because Karlsson is a god.

16 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Matt "Guitar" Murray, hard to compete with 2 cup wins, 2.32 GAA, and .925 save percentage. And he hasn't even played 62 games yet!

32 playoffs games already too. 

Not a rookie anymore man. 

On 6/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, CanuckGAME said:

Homer pick- Boeser

But I think Jesse Puljujarvi has a high chance of winning.  Surprised he wasn't mentioned in this thread yet. He only played 28 games last year. Is he still eligible?

I don't think Puljujarvi is eligible, he played 28 games last season and the requirement for a rookie is 25 games or less.

Archived