The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Individual Top 10 Canuck prospect Rankings

Just now, Grape said:

lol ok so I'm supposed to stop talking the moment you want me to stop right. Got it.

actually you made your point, I don't care to argue with you over 'hockey' players. your repeated attempts to troll will have you banned, so please continue if you would like to be

thanks

6 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Laughable and overly simplistic, comment but enjoy your life

Not sure how you can rate a prospect who's never stepped on the ice with NHL'ers as better than one that has and scored some pretty nice goals, etc..

But ok, whatever floats your boat guy, go argue with your sea monkeys if you need to 'get it out'

By that logic, Nicklas Jensen was a more valuable prospect than Connor McDavid before the start of the 2015/16 season.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

By that logic, Nicklas Jensen was a more valuable prospect than Connor McDavid before the start of the 2015/16.

Its funny how you and your friend don't understand nuance isn't it? If your worldis so binary/black and white (and you think opinions are so simple) you are going to have problems functioning in the work force!

Good luck and bye bye to you two trolls!

Just now, PassittoBoeser said:

actually you made your point, I don't care to argue with you over 'hockey' players. your repeated attempts to troll will have you banned, so please continue if you would like to be

thanks

You have spent your past 6 posts or something like that sarcastically attacking people with different opinions than you. This is an online discussion forum, everyone will have differing opinions, if you think that makes them trolls then might as well ban everyone.

Also not sure why you put quotation marks on "hockey."

Just now, Grape said:

You have spent your past 6 posts or something like that sarcastically attacking people with different opinions than you. This is an online discussion forum, everyone will have differing opinions, if you think that makes them trolls then might as well ban everyone.

Also not sure why you put quotation marks on "hockey."

bye, blocked

57 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Its funny how you and your friend don't understand nuance isn't it? If your worldis so binary/black and white (and you think opinions are so simple) you are going to have problems functioning in the work force!

Good luck and bye bye to you two trolls!

Removed.

5 hours ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Hey guys now that the 2017 nhl draft is done, let's see everyone's top 10 prospect list! Do you guys agree with mine?

1. Brock Boeser

2. Elias Pettersson

3. Olli Juolevi 

4. Thatcher Demko 

5. Jonathan Dahlen 

6. Adam Gaudette

7. Jake Virtanen 

8. Nikolay Goldobin

9. Kole Lind

10. Michael Dipietro

(HM: Subban, Gadjovich, Lookwood)

Juolevi

Pettersson

Demko

Boeser 

Goldobin

McEneny

Virtanen

Dahlen

Gaudette

Lockwood

Boeser

Demko

Juolevi 

Pettersson 

Goldobin

Dahlen 

Gaudette

Lind

Brisebois 

Gadjovich 

Mixture of probability of success and ceiling. 

Virtanen would be around 5-7 but since he played 2 full seasons pro I omitted him.. 

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

wow still can not believe players that are in the NHL on our team people consider prospects still

they are not prospects as they made our team and are NHLers!

I think most people believe players who have not 'solidified a position' in the NHL are still prospects

ie Goldobin was sent to the AHL last year for the playoffs, to most that seems to suggest he's not 'cemented' as an NHL'er quite yet. Even Boeser as well as he played is not 'certain' to be on the team, even though a betting man would bet on it.

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Boeser will be on the team and made it

playing with Bo on the first is where he will be

Again, I will REPEAT WHAT I SAID

I think most here are defining prospect as someone who has not 'cemented' himself in the NHL

Moreoever, It would be great to see Bo's line as the first, but let's see what the twins and granlund have to say about that to start the year! I suspect we are going to have three top lines playing equivalent minutes vs a 1/2/3..ie 15-16 mins a game each, with Green giving slightly extra time based on who's going and matchups

5 hours ago, Zhukini said:

If you want to know the difference 5 years can make, in 2012 our top prospects were. 

1. Zack Kassian

2. Eddie Lack

3. Nicklas Jensen

4. Brendan Gaunce

5. Jordan Schroeder

Compared to

1. Elias Petterson

2. Brock Boeser

3. Olli Juolevi

4. Thatcher Demko

5. Jonathan Dahlen

Rewind it a couple years and you'd have Anton Rodin, Alexandre Grenier and Alexandre Mallet as our best in our farm. Look at how far we've come.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived