The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there a reason why we called up Chaput instead of Rodin?

If he's just gonna be sitting down there might as well have him up with the team.

Yeah, don't get that either. Megna and Hamilton seem like they're getting free vet passes by being able to play centre. But since the Comets are a little lean on centres it would make more sense to keep Chaput there until Cassels is healthy, at least.

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

The Comets about to get underway in Rochester... Subban, Rodin, Carcone, and MacEwen are scratches. (Carcone and MacEwen are injured). No Alex Nylander for the Americans. Demko starts in goal.

Did you purchase AHL Live? I can't find a stream. Looks like they've taken them down or only keep it restricted to some regions. Great to see the Comets up and running though. 

Demko with 22 saves and Comets scoring on 3 of their 6 shots. Talk about making the most of your opportunities haha.. exciting to see. Boucher should be next in line along with Goldy for next call up

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Did you purchase AHL Live? I can't find a stream. Looks like they've taken them down or only keep it restricted to some regions. Great to see the Comets up and running though. 

Demko with 22 saves and Comets scoring on 3 of their 6 shots. Talk about making the most of your opportunities haha.. exciting to see. Boucher should be next in line along with Goldy for next call up

Not yet cause I probably won't be able to finish today's game. I plan on getting a 10-game pack at some point, maybe for next weekend.

Comets win! 5-1 the final, Demko stops 40 of 41. Final shots 41-25 for Rochester, Comets go 4/8 on the PP and Rochester 0/6. Multi point nights for Boucher, Goldobin, Archibald and Holm. Boucher and Goldobin are both in the top 15 in league scoring.

Three stars: Demko, Boucher, Archibald.

Next up for the Comets: a back to back at Charlotte on Saturday and Sunday.

1st      
2:42 UTI Darren Archibald (1) ASST: Carter Bancks (4), Nikolay Goldobin (3) (PP)

17:25 UTI Reid Boucher (1) ASST: Nikolay Goldobin (4) (PP)

19:08 UTI Reid Boucher (2) ASST: Alexis D'Aoust (1), Darren Archibald (1) (PP)

2nd      
2:33 UTI Joseph LaBate (2) ASST: Jayson Megna (1), Philip Holm (3) (PP)

7:01 UTI Guillaume Brisebois (1) ASST: Philip Holm (4), Yan-Pavel Laplante (1)

3rd      
13:49 RCH C.J. Smith (2) ASST: Steve Moses (2)

Archived