The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

Holm is quietly having a fantastic season, I think he's earned the next call-up. Not sure what's happening with Wiercioch, he's really in no-man's land, but Holm has been solid for the Comets so far, probably their best defenceman.

Good to see Subban rack up 3 assists, hopefully this game sparks him to start scoring a bit more now. 

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Holm is quietly having a fantastic season, I think he's earned the next call-up. Not sure what's happening with Wiercioch, he's really in no-man's land, but Holm has been solid for the Comets so far, probably their best defenceman.

Good to see Subban rack up 3 assists, hopefully this game sparks him to start scoring a bit more now. 

Holm has been the Comets best dman all season and has shown constant improvement.

42 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Holm has been the Comets best dman all season and has shown constant improvement.

Great to hear.  He looked solid from his first game with the Canucks, but clearly had adjustment issues as he'd come up with terrible plays at times -- hot and cold.  He can man the point and put up some numbers but will require waivers next year, same as McEneny. Undoubtedly we'll see them both up here at some point this season to see what we have, and it may make for a very interesting TDL and off-season.

Doesn't look like anyone has posted this, hopefully it works. Neat little Comets video featuring Goldy's ripped skinny jeans and Bachman's beard. Including is video of Griffen Molino's first goal. 

Very cool to see that the Comets are putting Goldy in these types of features, it seems like the organization and GM Ryan Johnson are supporting him in every way.

HA got it! 

Zack MacEwan 10gps 2g 3a 5pts -2  4PIMS. Not a bad start at all. Hows he looking so far?

I'm really curious to know because from the times I've seen him from junior, to scrimmage, to the young stars tourney, he's really impressed me. I've said it countless of times, 6'4 215lbs and can skate pretty fast, has decent puck skills and brings a lot of physicality too. I can definitely see him cracking our line-up if he continues to progress the way he has in 2 years.

8 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

When injuries happen they always seem to pile up at one position for some reason.  The Comets lost three defensemen last week.

https://twitter.com/UticaComets/status/932995621014921216

https://twitter.com/OD_Comets/status/933000337497186304

Well hopefully soon they will get Biega and Holm back

On 2017-11-19 at 2:56 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Undisclosed injury, according to Cull. No specific info or timeline on a return.

I am not sure about Cull yet. I don't get the same feel from him that I did from Travis Green. Hopefully it's just an adjustment period for the players and the coach and my comfort level with Cull leading our young players will improve.

1. DPco9h8WkAAVySW.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets11 likes

Retweet

Archived