The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Zack Kassian

Good for Zack! I regret that he couldn't pull things together in his time here. 

It wouldn't hurt my feelings seeing him skate around with the Cup... even if it was with those other guys.

regards,  G.

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

It was painfully obvious to everyone in Buffalo then that Zack wasn't NHL ready.  He just didn't have the personal problems yet that he ended up developing in Vancouver for whatever reason.  Either that or he just hid them really really well while he mostly played in the AHL and they just ended up exploding after he moved to Vancouver.

Not sure what the nightlife scene is like in Buffalo but probably found that Vancouver had a pretty decent nightlife along downtown core.. Things went worse and then spiralled out of control and went to party central Montreal which definitely didn't help him. Probably realized Edmonton was his last chance and he took it to heart and played a hell of a season/playoffs

I don't believe that they did all they could here in Vancouver. They could have gotten him completely smashed then took pictures of him with a downtown eastside hooker. They then could have put him through stage 2 with the pictures as blackmail. They didn't even try.

Sucks that he put it together for the oily ones. Hey Zack, now that you've got it beat and you've got a new deal, you might as well have a beer to celebrate. Just one won't hurt!!

15 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Not sure what the nightlife scene is like in Buffalo but probably found that Vancouver had a pretty decent nightlife along downtown core.. Things went worse and then spiralled out of control and went to party central Montreal which definitely didn't help him. Probably realized Edmonton was his last chance and he took it to heart and played a hell of a season/playoffs

For Zack's age at that time, there are mostly those kind of clubs in Buffalo (i.e. Evander Kane's troubles) as well as Toronto only being a 2 hour drive away. 

However Zack played mostly in the AHL here which would have landed him in Portland, Maine and Rochester, NY.  Neither of which has much of any kind of nightlife, especially Portland.

Archived