The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nail Yakupov has interest signing with Canucks

5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Markus Granlund scored at a 22G pace last year, and is only 24. He won't be on the 4th line.

Dahlen is not expected to play in the NHL this year.  He is most likely going to play in the SHL with Elias Pettersson.

Yakupov would only be getting 4th line minutes next year.

Who slides down to 4th line then if Goldobin plays 3rd twin as expected?

We're aiming for a 4 line team so our 4th line isn't going to be a typical 4th line. All 4 lines will be out there trying to produce goals

3 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Who slides down to 4th line then if Goldobin plays 3rd twin as expected?

We're aiming for a 4 line team so our 4th line isn't going to be a typical 4th line. All 4 lines will be out there trying to produce goals

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Goldobin

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Yakupov Gaunce Molino

19 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Nice to see Molino pencilled into someone's lineup. He looked fast and was decent on the forecheck in his limited opportunites last year. I see some potential there. But I notice you have both Virtanen and Molino ahead of Gaunce. I'm expecting a bit of a break out year for Gaunce. I don't think he'll score a ton of points but I expect him to cement his claim as an every day NHL player. 

Love Gaunce but there's no room for him anymore. He's going up against some real tough competition this year fighting for 1 of 4 spots.

Virtanen

Goldobin

Dahlen

Molino

Boucher

Chaput

Skille? 

Lebate

McEwen

UFA (Yakupov)

I can't see him making the cut. He will be picked up through waivers or possibly winning a championship with Utica

32 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yakupov would only be getting 4th line minutes next year.

Would Yakupov agree to come here if he's only given 4th line minutes? My guess is he's looking for a team that will let him show that he can produce in the NHL, which will mean ice time. I also think that Yak and his agent will be looking for some kind of guarantee or promise of top 6 of top 9 minutes should he come here, especially if it's a "show me" type of deal.

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well Bure's his idol.. maybe he'll put some good 'ol fashioned "try" in his game if we were to pick him up.

We need scoring

Green will make him play 200ft, or ride the pine...

Worth a shot. 1y $2m, why not?

If you put him on a line with Sutter and Ericsson I think that might be enough to hide his defensive deficiencies for him to free wheel. Even though Nail hasn't been good lately, the talent is there, and if anything, he'd put some butts on the seats because the kid can sure skate

3 hours ago, Sweathog said:

Would Yakupov agree to come here if he's only given 4th line minutes? My guess is he's looking for a team that will let him show that he can produce in the NHL, which will mean ice time. I also think that Yak and his agent will be looking for some kind of guarantee or promise of top 6 of top 9 minutes should he come here, especially if it's a "show me" type of deal.

Yakupov and his agent will take anything they're offered or Nail won't be playing in the NHL ever again. No team in the league is desperate enough to promise the guy top 6 minutes.

I'm just reading through this thread, so if it's been mentioned before forgive me. Yakupov said he wanted to play for Vancouver when he was drafted by the Dreadmonton Coilers. He's still interested now in coming here and if there's one thing that makes a player put that much more into their game it's playing somewhere you love.

He has all the potential, it's not like his skills didn't translate to the NHL, he just needs to figure out how to turn that potential into reality and I think Travis Green would be the one person who could do it.

A 1-2 year show me deal at any price lower then $2m per carries zero risk and a huge, huge chance of a big fat reward. When do you ever get the chance at a former number one pick that still could hit his ceiling for under $2m while giving up no assets? The answer is you don't. This is the chance of a lifetime for us.

Out of all the threads created for potential players coming to Vancouver this is the first one I have desperately wanted JB to sign. I'm a big fan of Jim Benning and what he's done for this team, but if he doesn't sign him I'm going to be very, very disappointed in him. Please, please, please make it happen JB!

15 hours ago, oldnews said:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen/Goldobin

Gaunce Chaput Dorsett

(Molino, Cram, Boucher, Megna....)

I think he'd be in tough to earn a spot over any of Baertschi, Granlund, Goldobin/Virtanen - but there's not much harm in giving him a chance.

Rodin Dahlen Gaudette Lockwood Pettersson Lind Gadjovich Cassels McEwen

The team is actually looking healthy in terms of youth and prospect depth, but there's always the prospect of adding another pick or two by moving someone.

On that note though - I really don't think the top 3 picks this year could have panned out any better for this team - an elite playmaker, an excellent, complete-game forward in Lind, and then a hard-nosed and skilled pwf - those three additions really round out the forward prospects nicely imo.

While I agree with you give credit where it's due. Those picks didn't just happen, Benning scouted and then picked them in the draft. This might be looked back on as the best draft Benning has had. My only question mark was Gunnarson, but I trust JB and hope he turns out well. Even Brassard looks like he could be a late round steal. I'm really high on this draft and all credit goes to Benning. #InBenningWeTrust

14 hours ago, R3aL said:

What does signing him say to goldobin?

Yakupov is such an interesting case. I really though Vegas would have been a good landing spot for him.

Problem on our team is who would he play with?

No chance he plays with the Sedins, can't see him playing with Sven and Bo over Eriksson or Boeser etc.

Also, doubt Sutter would be a good fit for him?

I think I read somewhere he has always been a nux fan as bure was his favourite player, so mix that with extra motivated to save his career maybe he could fit in and become a 20-30 goal scorer.

It's just not a likely story.. but neither was Kassian being a playoff hero for the oilers..

Maybe he plays well with sutter or steals the winger spot with Bo and resurects his career.

I love Goldy and think he'll be great for us in the future, but his strength needs to be vastly improved. He would do well developing in the AHL for another year. Boeser needs to stay up though, he's ready.

11 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Absolutely, 

Get him in here, Talk to Larionov and find out what the hell happened

Durring his rookie season this guy SCORED, in the NHL

Then that Idiot coach the Oilers employed worked his magic and all of a sudden the guy can't play hockey anymore

There is a top 6 forward somewhere inside this guy, 

Who are you and what have you done with terrible.dee?

Archived