The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nail Yakupov has interest signing with Canucks

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

Huh?  I'm not sure you read that post correctly.

You made it sound (at least to me) that these picks just happened. They didn't, Benning made them happen. If I misinterpreted that then I apologize.

43 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

For Christ sakes...can't Bening score a frigging empty netter?

The story alone would sell a few more tickets and rekindle fan interest....Nail isn't a bad influence personality wise......THERE'S NOTHING TO LOSE!!

And if you want to know what could be gained, check Nail's stats in his rookie season, people forget HE'S SCORED IN THE NHL BEFORE! AT A TOP 6 RATE!

I mean f'ing DUUUUUUUUUH!!!!!!!

I really can't stand Benning, he's so bad.....

I never ever thought I'd say this, but I agree with you though I'm in the "love Benning" camp. If he lets this opportunity slip by I'm going to be pissed at him. There's nothing to lose here and if he regains his game and hits his ceiling we could get a top 6 or even 1st line forward for FREE. I'll say that again: FREE. $1-2m is chump change for such an insane opportunity. If he flops so be it, we let him go, but man oh man if he starts to show why he was picked number 1 he could become an integral cog in our machine. JB needs to get on that phone with his agent right now.

He wants to play in Vancouver, he's a great guy, his development was destroyed by Deadmonton, his favorite player was Bure. These are all the ingredients necessary to make up a feel good underdog comeback story. DO IT JB!

I really want to give a shot to Yakupov. I know, he seems lost out there sometimes, but a coach like Travis Green could do wonders for him. He can learn the 200ft game and maybe get gelled in by Goldobin and others. The Sedins/Horvat could teach him a thing or two, and show him where to go with the puck, since that seems to be the concern with him according to scouts.

Nail will get better offers from teams no in the basement. Montreal tampa pitts chicago.

If he truly wants to play for the team that drafted his idol i am 100pct on board for it. He has speed and skill. 

We are rebuilding whats ghe harm adding a 23yr old to join our team and push our other young guys? Heaven forbid the better player prevails and has a more prominent role with our team next year

All of your whining about not signing this guy realize you can't sign free agents this year yet...right?   You also realize that any team can sign him and may create offers higher than Canucks wish to pay...right?

Just checking as somehow not signing this player "right now" seems to be implied as being some form of failure of your team's management.

If we are going to give guys like Magma,Kaput and the ten million other plugs a try then why not? We aren't going to lose anything by giving him a shot. At least he will give some of us hope that he may turn it around and be remotely similar to Bure. If not, well then nothing lost and we move on.

If he gets hot, I may even think about going to watch a game or two this year just for a little entertainment. Sorry, not going to pay to watch a Megna or Chaput anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

All of your whining about not signing this guy realize you can't sign free agents this year yet...right?   You also realize that any team can sign him and may create offers higher than Canucks wish to pay...right?

Just checking as somehow not signing this player "right now" seems to be implied as being some form of failure of your team's management.

I think I read that his agent has NOT been contacted where many other agents from other players has. I think we all know its not July 1st yet. ::D

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think I read that his agent has NOT been contacted where many other agents from other players has. I think we all know its not July 1st yet. ::D

You might but judging by some of the comments, not sure all do.  

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Here is a question. If pretty much everyone was happy getting Dahlen for Burrows out of Ottawa, would anyone have objected if Benning went and got Yakupov for Burrows out of St-Louis?

No one is suggesting that they have similar value.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Here is a question. If pretty much everyone was happy getting Dahlen for Burrows out of Ottawa, would anyone have objected if Benning went and got Yakupov for Burrows out of St-Louis?

Knowing that we could have got Dahlen, I sure would. I don't think anyone assumed we'd get as good of return on Burr as we did.

If it was Yak I would have been disappointed (and likely have preferred picks) but resigned to the fact that the market value wasn't there.

If Yak wasn't a former 1st overall, he wouldn't be getting this attention. 

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

It just feels so right.  JB sign this man up.  It's literally zero risk. 

Screenshot_20170627-214121.jpg

And he's another young(ish) guy to be excited about watching.  We already know we're finishing at or near to the bottom, so give us some friggin exciting guys at least. 

Here is my potential lineup if we were to give Yak a shot:

(Line 1) Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

(Line 2) Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

(Line 3A) Yakupov-Granlund-Goldobin

(Line 3B) Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett/Virtanen

That looks pretty good to me. 

FWIW, I labelled them as 3A and 3B for those that would freak out seeing Sutter on the 4th line. It's more about the roles than the line numbers. Let's not get hung up on that. 

18 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Here is my potential lineup if we were to give Yak a shot:

(Line 1) Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

(Line 2) Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

(Line 3A) Yakupov-Granlund-Goldobin

(Line 3B) Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett/Virtanen

I really like that lineup myself he may not be no Bure but he may help score some goals.

Archived