The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nail Yakupov has interest signing with Canucks

10 hours ago, E. Lindros said:

Are there legitimate reports out their of yakupov being a locker room cancer or distraction? When i see that guy score he shows a zest for the game. He has skill and speed, he was never going to succeed on the 4th line in st louis. 

I think he will sign in montreal if radulov walks.

Drouin galchenyuk yakupov

Worth a low risk contract in my opinion.

I think Yak needs to play with skilled talented players to have chemistry and play to his strengths...this line would be something to watch if Yak regains his form that he had in junior with Galchenyuk. Drouin would be catalyst and glue to make it happen...OR

Yak with Goldobin and Boucher to get the chemistry they had in junior...probably not as much potential as DGY line...if I was Mtl, it would be worth the risk for the reward.

July 3rd and not one of 31 teams has signed him.    That means nothing to those who think he seen as someone who is a potential game changer?   The guy is world class talented but his compete level is not NHL level and not sure you can just infuse that.   Perhaps if he was given a coach like Hitch and it was 1960 and players couldn't push back and were paid like most everyone else then he could be taught - today, not sure.

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

July 3rd and not one of 31 teams has signed him.    That means nothing to those who think he seen as someone who is a potential game changer?   The guy is world class talented but his compete level is not NHL level and not sure you can just infuse that.   Perhaps if he was given a coach like Hitch and it was 1960 and players couldn't push back and were paid like most everyone else then he could be taught - today, not sure.

I dont think its a situation of 0 teams wanting to sign him. I think he likely has decent paying options in Russia and most teams dont want to pay to match. 

He will likely need to lower his asking price before he gets action. He will be signed if so Im sure.

I still hope we sign him. He deserve a real shot and we've nothing to lose. Cheap 1y or 2y contract.. could be a real competitor for a Wing-Spot and competition in a team is always good. I'm just saying Megna and Chaput got a lot NHL minutes here for nothing, it couldn't be more worse..

24 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

I still hope we sign him. He deserve a real shot and we've nothing to lose. Cheap 1y or 2y contract.. could be a real competitor for a Wing-Spot and competition in a team is always good. I'm just saying Megna and Chaput got a lot NHL minutes here for nothing, it couldn't be more worse..

I don't think Yakupov is better than menga and chaput those guys are future allstars.

Archived