The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nail Yakupov has interest signing with Canucks

A $1M 1-year deal would make some sense.  Since his draft year, he has always iterated his favourite team was Vancouver and his idol was Bure.  If playing on the Canucks drives him to succeed, we'll likely have a 25+ goal scorer for free.

Honestly i kinda had a feeling he liked Vancouver even when he was with the Oil because he idolized Bure growing up. Sign him to a cheap 1-2 year deal. Low risk very high reward (if he finds his game again). 

20 minutes ago, mll said:

What has he done to deserve 2M?  Other proven young players don't even get that amount.

That's a good point. I just threw $2m out there as an easy number.

How 'bout an incentive laden contract that can earn him up to $2.5, but his actual salary is like $1.25..

Whatcha think?

29th overall so I don't see why we should argue there. We had some really big trouble finding the net so we need to do everything to get it going again. Nail has had a tough time and hasn't found his groove, but we  need him (or someone like him) more than he needs us.

Do it!

27 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I just do not know, only way is a two way deal so if he brings it he stays if not AHL for life!!

one way, two way makes no difference to playing in the AHL, other than how much $ is made

He fits perfectly into Benning's reclamation wheelhouse and approach to giving talented guys the shot they need to succeed. Like others have said, if playing for his favorite team gives him new life, all the better for us. Timing couldn't be better. 

If we gave Etem a shot, this one should be a no brainer for Benning. 

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

That's a good point. I just threw $2m out there as an easy number.

How 'bout an incentive laden contract that can earn him up to $2.5, but his actual salary is like $1.25..

Whatcha think?

If it was something along those lines, I would do it.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen/Goldobin

Gaunce Chaput Dorsett

(Molino, Cram, Boucher, Megna....)

I think he'd be in tough to earn a spot over any of Baertschi, Granlund, Goldobin/Virtanen - but there's not much harm in giving him a chance.

Rodin Dahlen Gaudette Lockwood Pettersson Lind Gadjovich Cassels McEwen

The team is actually looking healthy in terms of youth and prospect depth, but there's always the prospect of adding another pick or two by moving someone.

On that note though - I really don't think the top 3 picks this year could have panned out any better for this team - an elite playmaker, an excellent, complete-game forward in Lind, and then a hard-nosed and skilled pwf - those three additions really round out the forward prospects nicely imo.

Archived