The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested in Jordan Weal

70seven

Over a dozen calls on 25 yr old Jordan Weal. He's on tour this week and is expected to visit the Canucks. North Van kid. Could be a good fit

I think this kid is definitely worth a look.  He'd certainly have the opportunity to prove himself in Vancouver and add some solid depth scoring.  

I remember watching him extensively when Manchester took out Utica a couple years ago on route to the Calder cup and being very impressed.

Perfect signing for Canucks this year.  

It never hurts to bring him to camp and if he can't make this team, then I imagine he would be the first line centre in Utica that we've been dreaming of. Just image a line like:

Dahlen Weal Virtanen

Green will be choked that he never had players that good to work with in the AHL lol

Just now, Pears said:

I wouldn't exactly say Superstar but he still put up very good numbers. 

In 2014-15, Weal was 3rd in the entire AHL in points. He scored 47 points in 43 games this past year, a points-per-game higher than all but three of the top 20 AHL scorers. He's consistently been one of the AHL's elite forwards except in recent years due to the NHL time he's gotten.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Yakupov is terrible. Let him drift off to the khl.

He's certainly not great, but if there's a one in a million chance that he can regain what he's lost since being destroyed by the Oilers, I'd take it. 

And if he sucks, he sucks. Who cares? We're not in a position to compete anyways.

23 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Anyone know how his playstyle differs from Vey?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jordan_weal/

Weal is an undersized but tenacious right-handed shooting center. He is hard on the forecheck and creates turnovers in the offensive zone. A consistent scorer both at the junior level and in the AHL, he competes in all three zones. His size is a concern as he could be overmatched against the bigger, faster defenders and opposing forwards in the NHL. Weal's productivity and combativeness suggest he can contribute given the opportunity.

More grit I suppose?  

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Limited NHL experience but had decent stats with the Flyers.

What worries me is his career path and production thus far is very similar to Linden Vey.

Yes I agree seems a lot like Linden Vey to me as well...

Archived