The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested in Jordan Weal

70seven

He costs nothing to sign and will make essentially nothing in his first contract. If he hits we all cheer. If he does not we shrug our shoulders and carry on. There is so little risk in signing these types of players- just the contract limit.

22 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

I think the Sedins need to be dropped to at least 2nd line minutes.  At this point less is more.  Same goes for Edler, should be 3rd d-man minutes.

Where did this come from lol

23 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

I think the Sedins need to be dropped to at least 2nd line minutes.  At this point less is more.  Same goes for Edler, should be 3rd d-man minutes.

i think too much is made of line numbers. balance the top 3 lines, and in any game the most effective line gets the most ice team. the lines from game to game may step up and be # 1.  it creates a healthy competition  for playing time.  

4 hours ago, cyoung said:

Where did this come from lol

People keep posting their theoretical line combos.  I know it was off-topic but damn, need to find out what we have in some of our young players.  Hopefully Green does that.  Maybe then it will be more attractive to players like Weal who know they will get an opportunity instead of riding the 4th line playing <10mins a night.

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i think too much is made of line numbers. balance the top 3 lines, and in any game the most effective line gets the most ice team. the lines from game to game may step up and be # 1.  it creates a healthy competition  for playing time.  

Amen Joe. The amount of kvetching on what number line 'X' player is on around here is ridiculous.

Especially where we are in our development cycle, we have little choice but to role 4 pretty even quality lines. The Sedins aren't good enough anymore to be a '1st' line. Horvat's line isn't good enough yet to be a '1st line'. We need a match up line IMO to take the harder dzone, QOC and PK minutes that will see darn near the same minutes as those other two lines as well.

I hope we see a pretty even 15+/- minutes to all four lines over the season. On a game by game basis that could go up or down for any given player as we get more PK's/PP's, leading or trailing, depending on opponent, depending on which line is 'on' that night etc.

Archived