The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks extend qualifying offers

I know many of the individual threads have been updated, but I felt the news was worthy of it's own thread.

We now keep Tryamkin's rights through 2022. The rest we have tabled offers for, should they choose to accept or enter negotiations. I don't believe any are arbitration eligible.

11 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I know many of the individual threads have been updated, but I felt the news was worthy of it's own thread.

We now keep Tryamkin's rights through 2022. The rest we have tabled offers for, should they choose to accept or enter negotiations. I don't believe any are arbitration eligible.

No Cramarossa? We letting him walk?

32 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

All we have to do is keep qualifying Tryamkin each year; then hope his wife is riding his ass about making more money by 2022.

more likely his KHL team goes broke, but same result.

53 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Definitely agree. Thanks for posting.

I was also interested to see former Canuck prospects Linden Vey (Calgary) and Jordan Schroeder (Columbus) get QOs. And of course Edmonton already re-signed Kassian.

And of course it is significant news that Yakupov was not qualified by St. Louis and has expressed interest in the Canucks. Even though he had a disappointing year last year I hope the Canucks at least talk to him. Edmonton turned Kassian into a useful asset. I would be nice if the Canucks could return the favour with Yakupov.

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Hopefully Horvat can be signed soon to mutually agreed upon terms as opposed to having to match an offer sheet to agree to someone else's terms.

I personally think that they will sign Horvat to a bridge for 3 years at around 4.75 - 5 million per. This will take him up to when he's 25, and if I'm right, a year from being able to be UFA, and then lock him in for 7 or 8 years and into 32 or 33 years.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I personally think that they will sign Horvat to a bridge for 3 years at around 4.75 - 5 million per. This will take him up to when he's 25, and if I'm right, a year from being able to be UFA, and then lock him in for 7 or 8 years and into 32 or 33 years.

Thoughts?

I don't think the term is all that important as long as Bo is paid a fair salary. I don't think he has any interest in leaving especially considering our future team will be built around him. I can honestly see Bo retiring a Canuck.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think the term is all that important as long as Bo is paid a fair salary. I don't think he has any interest in leaving especially considering our future team will be built around him. I can honestly see Bo retiring a Canuck.

Same

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Thoughts?

Hopefully something along those lines can be agreed upon.

40 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Definitely agree. Thanks for posting.

I was also interested to see former Canuck prospects Linden Vey (Calgary) and Jordan Schroeder (Columbus) get QOs. And of course Edmonton already re-signed Kassian.

And of course it is significant news that Yakupov was not qualified by St. Louis and has expressed interest in the Canucks. Even though he had a disappointing year last year I hope the Canucks at least talk to him. Edmonton turned Kassian into a useful asset. I would be nice if the Canucks could return the favour with Yakupov.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him with a PTO, or even a one-year deal on the cheap.   It would give us more flexibility regarding sending our guys down to Utica if they're not ready.

Archived