The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Marc Methot to Stars for Dylan Ferguson, 2020 2nd-round pick

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Benning may have tipped his hand, when talking about the D after the XD.  He mentioned "getting someone to play with Gudbranson", which intentionally or not points right to Kulikov.  But many teams sound interested, so I'd also look first at getting Sbisa back if a reasonable price.  He only has a year left, and we could either extend or trade him at the TDL for an asset, which gives the likes of Juolevi the opportunity to develop another year.

kind of idiotic to give up a 4th for Sbisa now, when GMGM is giving away a much better D man in methot for a 7th round picked prospect and a 2nd that is a decade away. I wouldn't want Sbisa back anyways, probably Canucks are better to sign a D-man at free agency at 2 years with the opened cap space because of Sbisa and possible departure of Miller.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

kind of idiotic to give up a 4th for Sbisa now, when GMGM is giving away a much better D man in methot for a 7th round picked prospect and a 2nd that is a decade away. I wouldn't want Sbisa back anyways, probably Canucks are better to sign a D-man at free agency at 2 years with the opened cap space because of Sbisa and possible departure of Miller.

Juiolevi is already better than Sbisa.  Olli is on our team next season, and will be top four by Christmas.  

On 2017-6-26 at 11:36 PM, oldnews said:

Meh, the wake up call came a long time ago when a 2nd was the value of Bieksa.....

But....that deal - and this one - have next to nothing to do with Tanev's value, so not really much of a 'wake up call'.

If people think the D market is low and dictated by one McPhee Methot move, I think they're being really short-sighted wadr.

Bieksa was 34 years old and clearly slowing down. I was ecstatic that we even got that much for him. When he signed the Anaheim extension with a NMC, I laughed.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:31 PM, HKSR said:

And with that, Tanev is a Canuck for a long, long time.

lol

I slowed down talking in the armchair GM section when I kept saying the value for Tanev that everyone was asking for was too high. I'd keep getting bashed for suggesting it so I just shrugged and let it be for the time being. People can dream I guess.

Not only that, but everyone and their dog's flea was making proposals that involved Tanev.

Archived