The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Colorado doesn't qualify Grigorenko

Provost

This is some crazy sauce

http://milehighsticking.com/2017/06/26/colorado-avalanche-choosing-not-qualify-mikhail-grigorenko-tomfoolery/

They couldn't find a trading partner?

Lots of RFA's around that are upgrades on our bottom half roster.

They didn't qualify a bunch of other players too.  Maybe players demanded huge overpayments for staying on a team that is in disarray... way worse than we are.

7 minutes ago, Jaku said:

This is very surprising. He's still quite young, even if he doesn't turn into a top line player he could still be a decent middle six player. Give him a shot JB! 

What's wrong with Grigorenko that the AVs just give up on him?  Doesn't make sense, does it?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's wrong with Grigorenko that the AVs just give up on him?  Doesn't make sense, does it?

He has never lived up to his 1st round selection status so I am not surprised they decided to part ways with him. However, I am very surprised that they couldn't trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick as opposed to just letting him walk. Strange things going on in Colorado......legalized marijuana to blame?

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

He has never lived up to his 1st round selection status so I am not surprised they decided to part ways with him. However, I am very surprised that they couldn't trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick as opposed to just letting him walk. Strange things going on in Colorado......legalized marijuana to blame?

Why did we spend a contract on Jason Friggin' Megna?  Wouldn't we rather watch Grigorenko?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why did we spend a contract on Jason Friggin' Megna?  Wouldn't we rather watch Grigorenko?

Guess they didn't know that Grigorenko would become available when they signed Megna. Besides, we needed to have 2 forwards signed for the expansion draft requirements.

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes. It makes you question what is wrong. But bad enough to not even be qualified?

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Don't know why grigs didn't get qualified. Haven't seen enough of him

i mean did he play terrible on the worst team in 20 years...? :blink:

He has very good size and was great in the face-off circle so you would think he might make a good 4C. Colorado played him mainly on the wing as his skating is quite suspect. Another candidate for Bo's skating coach.

Archived