The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] UFA market for 2 time Stanley Cup Champ Nick Bonino 'outstanding'

25 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Canucks' players excel the most after they leave Vancouver. 

I disagree with that... he was excelling while he was here. He put up more points here than he did in Pitts and had 6 GWG's for us and set up about 4 or 5 other ones if I recall correct. 

Downgrading him to Sutter is what put us in this mess we're in.

His playoff performance was incredible though... no doubt he got robbed on the Conn Smythe in 2015-2016. Gotta give it to the leagues princess Sidney... 

31 minutes ago, apollo said:

I disagree with that... he was excelling while he was here. He put up more points here than he did in Pitts and had 6 GWG's for us and set up about 4 or 5 other ones if I recall correct. 

His playoff performance was incredible though... no doubt he got robbed on the Conn Smythe in 2015-2016. Gotta give it to the leagues princess Sidney... 

Kessel was robbed of the Conn Smythe.

38 minutes ago, apollo said:

Downgrading? But Sutter is a foundation piece as is LE. They are not their for the speed or skill or ability but for mentor-ship, albeit at a slightly high price. 

He was in the perfect situation in Pittsburgh, and the great thing he's already won twice so he doesn't need to chase a cup anymore. 

He's going to be overpaid in FA as he should, a team will realize he won't be as good when not on the penguins, and life will move on.

13 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Kessel was robbed of the Conn Smythe.

I'm gonna stick with my guns and say Bonino got robbed then Kessel ... both played better than Crosby last playoffs. 

Bonino was a +19 with 18 points and 2GWG and a few huge tying goals. He had an outrageous # of blocks too

Kessel was a +5 with 22 points and 0 gwg and practically no blocks

Yet somehow Crosby, tied for 3rd last on his team with a -2 warranted the Conn smythe? Lolz.

44 minutes ago, apollo said:

1st of all, regardless of who's side you're on, the difference between Sutter and Bonino has almost zero impact on where we are/would be as a franchise.

2nd - take away the playoffs (as Sutter hasn't had played in them) and the only difference between the two is the freak injury to Sutter last year and a whopping three points more for Bonino this year. An argument can also be made that Bonino played with significantly better linemates.

50 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yeah bro, swapping Bonino for Sutter is totally what put us in this mess. Not the lack of prospect development for years, poor drafting for years, failure to rebuild, etc. It was swapping third line centers that ruined the team.

Get real.

I was disappointed with Bones, & that late-game, head snap-shyte, he pulled vs Wash.

That said, from when in Van he seemed a pretty good guy. Good, smart player..yet slower than the second comin'.

Predicting he heads to Buff(about 4 mill per), after they trade RHINO to us!

26 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Yeah bro, swapping Bonino for Sutter is totally what put us in this mess. Not the lack of prospect development for years, poor drafting for years, failure to rebuild, etc. It was swapping third line centers that ruined the team.

Get real.

1.9 Million cap hit vs 4.25 Million

lost space for another quality player we could have had. 

We made the playoffs with Bonino. We didn't with Sutter. It's pretty simple.

Archived