The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] UFA market for 2 time Stanley Cup Champ Nick Bonino 'outstanding'

33 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'm gonna stick with my guns and say Bonino got robbed then Kessel ... both played better than Crosby last playoffs. 

Bonino was a +19 with 18 points and 2GWG and a few huge tying goals. He had an outrageous # of blocks too

Kessel was a +5 with 22 points and 0 gwg and practically no blocks

Yet somehow Crosby, tied for 3rd last on his team with a -2 warranted the Conn smythe? Lolz.

You could also say Couture deserved it.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I disagree with that... he was excelling while he was here. He put up more points here than he did in Pitts and had 6 GWG's for us and set up about 4 or 5 other ones if I recall correct. 

Downgrading him to Sutter is what put us in this mess we're in.

His playoff performance was incredible though... no doubt he got robbed on the Conn Smythe in 2015-2016. Gotta give it to the leagues princess Sidney... 

Bonino was not the end to all our problems. That's a gross simplification of the dumpster fire team we've iced the last 3 years.

25 minutes ago, apollo said:

1.9 Million cap hit vs 4.25 Million

lost space for another quality player we could have had. 

We made the playoffs with Bonino. We didn't with Sutter. It's pretty simple.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a while.

You can be all for not liking the trade but he we'd be in the same hole we are now if we still had Bonino.

All that you're implying is that you're bananas for Bones bone.

I have zero respect for the guy now after the faking and head snap back against the Caps in the playoffs. 

IMO, he's overrated as most 3rd line centres could do well if other teams are constantly having to take care of 2 franchise centres in Crosby and Malkin.

Should have known any mention of his name would rekindle the Bonino vs Sutter debate.  Good for Bonino, glad he has done well and is going to cash in.

Guess I have to cheer for Sutter to succeed as he is a Canuck, him and is giant sandpaper scrotum.  He just is not as advertised, not a great scorer, a defensive liability (Corsi Anchor) and really not very good in the corners.  He has dragged down every line he has played on for Canucks.  He may have the sack to go into the corners but that does not serve any purpose if he never comes out with the puck.

Just don't really think much of either of them as players prior to Bonino's run in the playoffs last year.  Too bad we can't merge the two.  Sutter has the tools but no box, Bonino has the box but limited tools.  Still both of them will be earning more than they are worth.

Bonino has that Sedin quality about his skating: He's not fast but uses great anticipation and footwork to forecheck and get inside on guys before they can move the puck. Being strong on the boards and able to win 1 or 2 step battles for pucks is just as important as open ice top end speed.

He's always going to look better as a role piece on a good team, but why wouldn't he cash in for a few years now, and then go back to a winning team and be their Cullen to end his career?

He could easily get a 5 year deal worth 4 a year.

53 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I have zero respect for the guy now after the faking and head snap back against the Caps in the playoffs. 

IMO, he's overrated as most 3rd line centres could do well if other teams are constantly having to take care of 2 franchise centres in Crosby and Malkin.

I AGREE

Image result for BONINO GIF HEAD

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

I agree, dont get why sutter gets soo much hate. Hes capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

Bonino is a product of his environment. You put sutter with hagelin and kessel and he's gonna produce as much offence as bonino while being way more reliable in his own end.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

1.9 Million cap hit vs 4.25 Million

lost space for another quality player we could have had. 

We made the playoffs with Bonino. We didn't with Sutter. It's pretty simple.

so our team changed more after we traded Bonino yet you blame Sutter?? LOL wow troll or what?

Bonino should get a good pay raise who is a 3rd line guy that can play on the second via injuries all the best to him but we do not need him back at this stage of us rebuilding

Going to say this, he is going to get a big contract from somebody, and it will be an overpayment and the team that signs him will eventually regret. He is a great player, but he also got to play with very talented wingers in Pittsburgh while playing a 3rd line center role behind both Crosby and Malkin. Great player, but not your core player, but an exceptional piece to a cup winning puzzle.

7 hours ago, apollo said:

I disagree with that... he was excelling while he was here. He put up more points here than he did in Pitts and had 6 GWG's for us and set up about 4 or 5 other ones if I recall correct. 

Downgrading him to Sutter is what put us in this mess we're in.

His playoff performance was incredible though... no doubt he got robbed on the Conn Smythe in 2015-2016. Gotta give it to the leagues princess Sidney... 

If I could harness the power of your delusion we wouldn't have an energy crisis.

Archived