The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Miller could possibly sign with Anaheim

-AJ-

8 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

What time is it???

12 passed Luongo 

I think it's back to back president trophies time and one of 2 goalies in nhl history to post 2 shutouts in the scf time 

9 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I respectfully disagree....the top marginal tax rate in California is 41.95 % vs BC at 47.70%. 

On a $1,000,000 USD contract this would leave $77,625 CAD extra when taking foreign exchange into account.

This does not take into account any taxes Miller would potentially pay on world income.

If you don't want $77,625 more CAD I'll take it off your hands.

Feel free to disagree but the top marginal US federal rate is 39.6% , if the player has investment income there's an additional 3.8% on that, and the top marginal rate in California is 13.3% ( source 540 California tax guide 2016)

The California rate includes a 1% mental health tax-_-

Sales taxes in Cali range from 7.5% to 8.75% compared to 7% in BC.

A single Canadian resident pays $445,244 on $1m while a Californian pays $465,504. So as wages increase the tax disparity also increases.

Don't even get me started on what it costs for medical in the US

So no, you don't have to take $77,000 off my hands.

56 minutes ago, apollo said:

I think it's back to back president trophies time and one of 2 goalies in nhl history to post 2 shutouts in the scf time 

Lol don't get me wrong. I am a big Lu supporter.

But that was the joke after game 4, I was correcting the poster who said he didn't let in 8 goals in game 3.

For those of you that were not around for the "Cloutier days" or anytime we didn't have McLean, Lui or Miller, know what its like to have a team with no goaltending. I am not prepared to take a "gamble" on a goalie tandem that may or may not do well together. We had a steady tandem last year and it makes things very difficult when your goalies are letting everything in and you can't get anything going. Seen so many time the WCE get us the lead and some Siv goalie blow it for us.

My preference would be to sign Miller for another year or two until Markstrom can take the lead from him and when we can bring in Demko. Markstrom played OK last year but I wouldn't say he played Miller out of a job just yet.

14 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'm not sure I'd agree with regressed. I think he was taken off track and asked to play outside his comfort zone and away from his strengths. Like asking Goldobin to take over Sutter's role :lol: I think he'd be just fine again as a backup if we can get him playing back in his comfort zone and to his strengths again. Nobody's expecting him to turn in to Brodeur.

I'd prefer that he could just, I dunno... stop pucks? :unsure:

As for those 'options', as those tweets you posted mentioned, when the music stops, we might be left without a chair in the game of musical goalies. I'm not sure he'd be a worse option than anyone else who might still be available after most of the 'better' guys go to other teams. 

The Lack chair will be there, long after the band has packed up and gone home.  There are plenty of options out there, and doubtful Canucks will drag their feet because this regime has always openly placed a high priority on having solid goaltending.  The Miller situation will be resolved by the weekend.

I'd rather keep Bachman in Utica to mentor/tandem with Demko and as available depth thanks.

That's one option, but Bachman here and handing the Comet reigns to Demko is another.  Easy to sign AHL backups.  Depends on how well they think he's advanced and such, but they certainly won't abandon him with a scrub.

And stay away from the 'cute' stuff Hutty, it's petty and beneath you :P

Sorry, didn't mean to blow the cover off your real feelzings for him ;)

On 6/28/2017 at 9:43 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Feel free to disagree but the top marginal US federal rate is 39.6% , if the player has investment income there's an additional 3.8% on that, and the top marginal rate in California is 13.3% ( source 540 California tax guide 2016)

A single Canadian resident pays $445,244 on $1m while a Californian pays $465,504. So as wages increase the tax disparity also increases.

Mental health tax eh? I'll probably need that tomorrow.

On 2017-06-28 at 10:19 PM, EdgarM said:

For those of you that were not around for the "Cloutier days" or anytime we didn't have McLean, Lui or Miller, know what its like to have a team with no goaltending. I am not prepared to take a "gamble" on a goalie tandem that may or may not do well together. We had a steady tandem last year and it makes things very difficult when your goalies are letting everything in and you can't get anything going. Seen so many time the WCE get us the lead and some Siv goalie blow it for us.

My preference would be to sign Miller for another year or two until Markstrom can take the lead from him and when we can bring in Demko. Markstrom played OK last year but I wouldn't say he played Miller out of a job just yet.

This guy was pretty good for the Canucks as well

IMG_0731.PNG

On 6/28/2017 at 9:43 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Wow that's very interesting. So does that apply in Tampa and Florida as well? Or will players pay more? I heard Stamkos & Luongo pay way less tax there than they would in Toronto or Van

As for medical... I think all NHL teams will cover full medical expenses for players and their immediate family, no? 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Would think that means done deal.

Hmmmm... was skeptical about this but if he's on board... he %100 has my support. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

MARKSTROM

NILSSON

DEMKO

DIEPIETRO

Depth.

Man... I remember when I first started following this team and we had the goalie graveyard... I can confidently call Vancouver the Mecca of Goaltending.

Luongo... speaks for itself

Cory... speaks for itself

Eddie... meh, was pretty good and did dethrone Lui kinda... we'll see how he pans out in Calgary

Miller... stellar. 

Marky / Nilsson / Demko / Dipietro... to be seen. 

Bachman is also underrated IMO. Played well for us last year.

Archived