The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petterson vs Nylander

PRIMO88

As humorous as it is this thread brought back from the dead is pretty tasteless. We all think things out differently and to go back a couple years later means nothing. Kudos to those who put their actual opinions out there and especially predictions. So many posters now with high post counts never give a prediction or anything they might get quoted on at a later date... i fail to see their thought process there!

14 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

As humorous as it is this thread brought back from the dead is pretty tasteless. We all think things out differently and to go back a couple years later means nothing. Kudos to those who put their actual opinions out there and especially predictions. So many posters now with high post counts never give a prediction or anything they might get quoted on at a later date... i fail to see their thought process there!

It is humorous, but why do you say it is tasteless? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they want to make predictions, often based on very little to nothing at all, that is their right.

But anyone who chooses to do so, especially when the predictions are obnoxiously negative and forcefully repeated, should be prepared to be quoted later.

Making predictions based on a clearly inadequate amount of information is not very smart. If one chooses to say stupid things, one shouldn't be surprised or outraged when called on them later.

56 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

It is humorous, but why do you say it is tasteless? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they want to make predictions, often based on very little to nothing at all, that is their right.

But anyone who chooses to do so, especially when the predictions are obnoxiously negative and forcefully repeated, should be prepared to be quoted later.

Making predictions based on a clearly inadequate amount of information is not very smart. If one chooses to say stupid things, one shouldn't be surprised or outraged when called on them later.

I am just throwing that out there as a general thought/ best forum practice etc. You should probably talk with a moderator about this as normally threads get locked when one quotes up old comments. 

I think what they are trying to achieve is the people who just like to stir up trouble and non necessary banter. Go to the first 20 or 30 pages of the Boeser thread and you can pick any number of comments to laugh about, that's the main purpose i believe :)

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I am just throwing that out there as a general thought/ best forum practice etc. You should probably talk with a moderator about this as normally threads get locked when one quotes up old comments. 

I think what they are trying to achieve is the people who just like to stir up trouble and non necessary banter. Go to the first 20 or 30 pages of the Boeser thread and you can pick any number of comments to laugh about, that's the main purpose i believe :)

I completely disagree. I have no interest in discussing it with a moderator (although feel free if you want to), and I don't recall seeing any threads get locked simply because someone has quoted an old comment that didn't age well. 

In my opinion, best practices would include not posting anything that you would not want to see quoted in the future. The posters who object to being quoted are usually those who intentionally stir up trouble, and I really have no idea what you mean by "non necessary banter". What would "necessary banter" be, and who decides which is which?

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I completely disagree. I have no interest in discussing it with a moderator (although feel free if you want to), and I don't recall seeing any threads get locked simply because someone has quoted an old comment that didn't age well. 

In my opinion, best practices would include not posting anything that you would not want to see quoted in the future. The posters who object to being quoted are usually those who intentionally stir up trouble, and I really have no idea what you mean by "non necessary banter". What would "necessary banter" be, and who decides which is which?

Hey man i don't give a rats behind either way, i'm just saying whats happened in the past. lol i'm actually in total agreement with what you've said here!

Not to mention it validates the credibility of posters, especially the loudmouth ones we're all aware of who enjoy nothing more than ripping Canuck prospects knowing that there's no record yet by which to defend them.  Of course it also works the other way, for those who make absurd yet dogmatic assertions about how prospects may turn out.

Essentially, it helps clear through all the fog to discern those who actually know what they're talking about versus those who enjoy pushing buttons and being incessantly negative.

On 6/28/2017 at 3:27 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

its all in the Pettersson thread, but his numbers so far are better than Nylander at the same age. He's looking like he could be a taller, maybe a little heavier version of Nylander. But its years away from knowing. 

That poster was the worst of trolls, and he was even a moderator!  Thank God a super moderator realized this and turfed this clown.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That poster was the worst of trolls, and he was even a moderator!  Thank God a super moderator realized this and turfed this clown.  

damn Alf, going back a long way for that one :P glad I was right tho. 

Pettersson and Hughes will transform this team, just have to be a little more patient. Like 3 1/2 weeks until Hughes signs. 

Archived