The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meet Pro wresting's Newest Villain

Salmonberries

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If you're an adult and you tell me that you follow WWE ( not wrestling, that's a real thing) or whatever league of pretend cuddle fighting. I have to honest, I will judge you on that.

The Nineties were the best years for the WWF.  Wife and I watched every Monday, and always got a good laugh.  It's entertainment.  TBH, I really haven't kept up with the new guys, but those guys from 20 years ago were extremely entertaining - not the actual wrestling, but the character interaction.  It was the best Soap on TV at that time.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If you're an adult and you tell me that you follow WWE ( not wrestling, that's a real thing) or whatever league of pretend cuddle fighting. I have to honest, I will judge you on that.

Do so to your own discretion. Idgaf as long as you're not personally attack me because I watch pro wrestling.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Nineties were the best years for the WWF.  Wife and I watched every Monday, and always got a good laugh.  It's entertainment.  TBH, I really haven't kept up with the new guys, but those guys from 20 years ago were extremely entertaining - not the actual wrestling, but the character interaction.  It was the best Soap on TV at that time.

no, the 80's were the best. Hulk, Andre, Randy Savage, MR Wonderful. Saturday Night Main Event!

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

no, the 80's were the best. Hulk, Andre, Randy Savage, MR Wonderful. Saturday Night Main Event!

True enough.  We watched back then too.  I think anyone with an ounce of common sense knew the wrestling was choreographed.  I didn't want to see them really try to hurt each other anyway.  I lmao the first time I saw Scotty Too Hotty do the worm, then jump up in the air and pounce.  Now that was a finishing move!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

True enough.  We watched back then too.  I think anyone with an ounce of common sense knew the wrestling was choreographed.  I didn't want to see them really try to hurt each other anyway.  I lmao the first time I saw Scotty Too Hotty do the worm, then jump up in the air and pounce.  Now that was a finishing move!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Vince was in on that type of promotion?  It was really smart though, because it catered to kids, who became the fans when the WWF(E) really took off.  

Vince is Dana White and Donald Trump rolled up into one, a pioneer. Not a very digestible, but he knew how to control his masses.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Anybody who follows pro wrasslin' or threads like this...IS degrading the gene pool.  Take a long walk off a short pier.

The thread is not necessarily targeting the hard core professional wrestling fan Johnny. It's just pointing out an interesting sociological phenomenon.

Of course wrestling fans are more than welcome and are probably less delusional than, say, a person who watches CNN and believes what they're hearing.

At least wrestling fans know what they're watching is a work. For the most part anyway.

4 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

The thread is not necessarily targeting the hard core professional wrestling fan Johnny. It's just pointing out an interesting sociological phenomenon.

Of course wrestling fans are more than welcome and are probably less delusional than, say, a person who watches CNN and believes what they're hearing.

At least wrestling fans know what they're watching is a work. For the most part anyway.

I hear ya'.. it's just another form of mindless entertainment and I admit at times have laughed at it's antics.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived