The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Confederation (Canada Day Special) - MAFIA WIN!!!

Master Radishes

9 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Historical note

Hide contents

I like history. I got a degree in it and I now teach it. I'm very aware that history is not as simple as people assume, that it is entirely based on interpretation and that many people and groups get overlooked and underappreciated. Despite the simplistic version you might have learned in a school textbook, Canada's history did not begin with a bunch of old white men sitting around and making all the important decisions. There are decades of immigrants, centuries of women, and millennia of Indigenous peoples being ignored through this sort of mainstream interpretation.

This is just a forum game. It is all just for flavour, since July 1 marks the anniversary of Confederation itself. But, as a lover of history, let's not forget that Canada's history is more than just the story of a few 19th century politicians.

(That said, it's still pretty boring compared to other countries' histories.)

History is easily my favourite subject in school, it's interesting and you learn some cool stuff. England has some pretty dope history, as I have cousins in England I travel there often and I have been many times to castles, Shakespeare's House, etc. I think it's one of the best places in the world for history! Canada's is pretty lame compared to England and other countries.

I've been thinking about doing a series of 'historical' mafia games. The Gunpowder Plot would make for an excellent theme. The Reign of Terror would work equally well. And so on.

I wish schools taught non-European history, though. I still feel lacking in Chinese, Indian, and African histories (especially pre-20th century) despite trying to read up on my own.

1 hour ago, Two one one said:

I'm going to drop out as I can't access CDC with enough ease such that I can read the thread and reply diligently.

Maybe ask Mods, they might know how to fix it, or have similar problem in past?

Just now, J-23 said:

Maybe ask Mods, they might know how to fix it, or have similar problem in past?

I was trying to access the site from multiple different computers on separate internet connections but it still wasn't working. I even used different browsers. Strange.

But it seems to have fixed itself now.

Archived