The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leon Draisaitl may be traded this summer

11 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

In all honesty the Canucks don't have enough value to get Draisaitl. We'd have to give up a center + defenceman + 1st or prospect.

That'd be something like Horvat + Tanev + 1st and quite frankly I wouldn't do it. Might consider Sutter + Tanev + 1st for Draisaitl but even then, that 1st could be Dahlin.

You are either Jim Benning, or you are insane.........which would make you both

Anyone who wouldn't make that deal would never have a job in hockey again........unless it's with the Canucks

Your substitute deal is a joke

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

LOL!! You could offer Horvat, Boeser, Demko, OJ etc, etc and its still not enough

Not true,

We have the pieces to make this deal a good one for both teams

It would actually make sense whether they have to deal him or not, both teams could wind up better for having done it.

No losers, both teams win

7 hours ago, b3. said:

Lol that would be insanely funny if they traded him.

Hopefully to the Canucks. They desperately need someone like Drai. 

He he seems to be the exact player Benning loves. 

3 hours ago, bp79 said:

How can you say he is an elite franchise centre when he plays wing with McDavid. you are gonna say ya they are mutually beneficial. Maroon had 27 goals this season. No chance he get half that without McDavid.

Drai as A centre has not proven himself elite. Please show me one stat that shows drai with elite numbers as A centre. I honestly thnk you come here just to argue or try to make people feel like their views are wrong. Its A shame I won't see your response but I've gone back and forth with you for too long. You are A very pretentious person. And your Avatar I think sums up the kind oif person you are. Not sure if you have read the books, I doubt you even know they exist. I went back and read a comment you had made on a post of mine. it was from 3 days ago but I knew it would be negative so didn't bother checking it. I just did> and you actually took two diif quotes to make me look like I was contradicting myself. You are one pos little son of A beach times like these I wish I knew who you were. actually vice versa. not all of us are Jonny Appleseed.  Since im close enough to getting banned Im just gonna block you and say  gor fukc yourself 

I quoted the first and last lines of your post and they were 100% contradictory. 

You should look into the concept of self-preservation. If you are close to being banned, why would you intentionally bypass the censor just to swear at me? Maybe I am pretentious because your weak-sauce insults can't touch me from atop my "high horse".  B)

People comparing drai to malkin are silly.  Drai is just a pup.  Garunteed he matches malkin in time or more.  And the elite level of play is obvious already.  Anyone doubting it obviously didn't watch the oilers in this post season.  Leon controlled games as much as McNuggets at times especially down low if not moreso.  They both help each other.

1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

Anyone who wouldn't make that deal would never have a job in hockey again........unless it's with the Canucks

Yes, trade away the future Captain. No one should make that deal. Draisatl is not going to change our whole team next year. We'd gain a great young offense since forward and lose a solid defenseman, an area in which we are lacking, a two way player in Horvat who was suppose to be a great second line player and has decided he wants to prove that everyone is wrong about that and, like a said before Draisatl will not change these team so that draft pick will be high. 

It's enticing to get a "star" player, but it actually makes no sense for us to give up a core piece, future, and another core player (who everyone seems to want to get traded) for one guy. Would change the whole locker room. 

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be drafting in the top 10 next year, if we acquire Draisaitl.

To Edmonton: Tanev, Bärtschi, our 1st

To Vancouver: Draisaitl, a second and a third.

Draisaitl - Horvat - Boeser would be a killer line, and once Henrik retires, we'll have a good one-two punch down the middle.

I am. Are team isn't a drasiatl away from putting up another 15 wins/30 points. Especially if you include losing out top d. 

There are way too many unknowns to be betting on us being better than a bottom feeder. 

Unproven goalies. 

Young and still learning d core

declining sedins 

And a group of players with long term injury history. 

And then if you consider the lotto like what happened with philly this year and there is zero chance I give up that pick with this draft has 2 gen talents and 2-4 franchise changers after that. 

As a Canuck fan and long-term sufferer under Oiler oppression, this is a bit amusing, alright.  Just as the Oiler phoenix is beginning to arise from the ashes, carrion swarms and packs of jackals are set to pounce and feast on its flesh.  Looks like another big test for Chiarelli, and interesting to see if this is just teams seizing on an opportunity or perhaps some underlying motives to bust him up, as it were.

Regarding a trade, for those here proposing anyone would have to trade away half their team to get Draisaitl, you need to go look back at other big deals.  Even arguably the greatest player of all time Gretzky was traded in his prime but not for all the other team's best players and prospects.  It just doesn't work that way.  But the return from a trade like this can actually push a good team over the top, like it did for Quebec when they moved Lindros -- they became a cup-winning powerhouse yet Philly under Lindros never got one.

The Canucks surely do have what it takes to make a trade, should they want to.  Not that they would offer it, but Horvat, Tanev/Juolevi, and Pettersson would be jumped at immediately.  The Sharks angle is very interesting -- if they do indeed let Marleau and Thornton walk, they immediately both drop $14mil and replace one of them.

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

So.  A team that's rebuilding like us SHOULD give up our 3 most valuable pieces for 1 player who arguably is better but not much than Horvat.

You're literally less hockey smart than Desi Boy but so much less affable.

40 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

Yes, trade away the future Captain. No one should make that deal. Draisatl is not going to change our whole team next year. We'd gain a great young offense since forward and lose a solid defenseman, an area in which we are lacking, a two way player in Horvat who was suppose to be a great second line player and has decided he wants to prove that everyone is wrong about that and, like a said before Draisatl will not change these team so that draft pick will be high. 

It's enticing to get a "star" player, but it actually makes no sense for us to give up a core piece, future, and another core player (who everyone seems to want to get traded) for one guy. Would change the whole locker room. 

Because understanding the common sense in your post is hard for a guy like him

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So.  A team that's rebuilding like us SHOULD give up our 3 most valuable pieces for 1 player who arguably is better but not much than Horvat.

You're literally less hockey smart than Desi Boy but so much less affable.

That about sums it up right there. 

Archived