The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leon Draisaitl may be traded this summer

That McDavid contract is great for McDavid but Lucic noose of a contract too, if they want to have a full roster of NHL players, Leon is likely outside looking in if he wants the money his agent feels he deserves.

Welcome to the CAP world Oilers.   Didn't practice much with it during your last decade of bottom feeding.   

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

LOL.  The sea level would rise after the meltdown in Deadmonton - would be worth the price of admission.

I'll believe it when I see it though.  This is probably even too stupid for the Coil.

The bottomfeeders chuckling at rumored downfall. 

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That McDavid contract is great for McDavid but Lucic noose of a contract too, if they want to have a full roster of NHL players, Leon is likely outside looking in if he wants the money his agent feels he deserves.

Welcome to the CAP world Oilers.   Didn't practice much with it during your last decade of bottom feeding.   

Amen!

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

LOL.  The sea level would rise after the meltdown in Deadmonton - would be worth the price of admission.

I'll believe it when I see it though.  This is probably even too stupid for the Coil.

I deeply want similar things, to see, and enjoy.

I doubt Edmonton will have the cap to re-sign Drais since they have to make a legit offer for McJesus. He's probably playing around $12-14 million AAV alone. Read an article a while ago that this is a good time to offer sheet for a player like Draisaitl. Coilers won't have the cap to match if they offer say $8 million per. Even I'd want the Canucks to throw one. We have the cap to afford any cap hit but gotta re-sign couple players first

I would be very shocked if this happened.  Oilers need him to be a legit contender and it would seem like a lot of work for nothing after last year.  PC says they have a ton of cap space though...

Archived