The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leon Draisaitl may be traded this summer

9 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be drafting in the top 10 next year, if we acquire Draisaitl.

To Edmonton: Tanev, Bärtschi, our 1st

To Vancouver: Draisaitl, a second and a third.

Draisaitl - Horvat - Boeser would be a killer line, and once Henrik retires, we'll have a good one-two punch down the middle.

LOL!! You could offer Horvat, Boeser, Demko, OJ etc, etc and its still not enough

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

I doubt Edmonton will have the cap to re-sign Drais since they have to make a legit offer for McJesus. He's probably playing around $12-14 million AAV alone. Read an article a while ago that this is a good time to offer sheet for a player like Draisaitl. Coilers won't have the cap to match if they offer say $8 million per. Even I'd want the Canucks to throw one. We have the cap to afford any cap hit but gotta re-sign couple players first

God no, with the way our team is structured, that will be giving the Oilers possibly 2 top 5 picks and a top 10 pick the next three years.

Unless it's McDavid we're getting for that, I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

LOL!! You could offer Horvat, Boeser, Demko, OJ etc, etc and its still not enough

Actually...Edm would be crazy to not take that deal, especially if Drai does want money in the vicinity of $8mil a year.

Horvat would be much cheaper and a fantastic #2 center option for the Coil

Boeser has three cheap years of being on his ELC, looked ready for NHL few games he was in last year, ton of pedigree coming in.

Demko is one of the best goalie prospects in the world, if Edm has learned anything (they haven't lol) from the past, is how badly goaltending is needed to win games, they don't have a blue chip goalie prospect.

OJ is a blue chip D prospect, don't think he will ever be a franchise D or true #1, but can play at both ends of the rink effectively.

For 1 center who had one great season (still under a ppg) and rumours of a contract in excess of $8mil a year. Jesus christ, I thought people overvalued Tanev on here haha

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Peter Chiarelli came out and said they aren't trading him at all. RNH is the one they should move.

ya heard that with pk as well the night before he got traded. Not all gms are honest like ours

Sutter, Tanev(retain 1.5 mill annually), Granlund, 2018 1st(if top-5 pick, shift to 2019)

- They would have Sutter/Tanev at 7.3 million combined, for 3 years

- We would need to leverage our cap-space to give them incentive, in order to make such a deal

For Draisatl & Mark Fayne(3.6 mill cap-relief, just 1 more yr).

Edm's C's would be:

McD

RNH

Sutter

(Strome extra C, on the wing)

3 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

Actually...Edm would be crazy to not take that deal, especially if Drai does want money in the vicinity of $8mil a year.

Horvat would be much cheaper and a fantastic #2 center option for the Coil

Boeser has three cheap years of being on his ELC, looked ready for NHL few games he was in last year, ton of pedigree coming in.

Demko is one of the best goalie prospects in the world, if Edm has learned anything (they haven't lol) from the past, is how badly goaltending is needed to win games, they don't have a blue chip goalie prospect.

OJ is a blue chip D prospect, don't think he will ever be a franchise D or true #1, but can play at both ends of the rink effectively.

For 1 center who had one great season (still under a ppg) and rumours of a contract in excess of $8mil a year. Jesus christ, I thought people overvalued Tanev on here haha

At age 21, he finished 8th in scoring, 5th among centers. Those are elite #1C numbers, a franchise center is also easily the most coveted piece in the game. The only time those players get traded is when there is some sort of rift, like Seguin in Boston or Johansen in Columbus. The only way Edmonton ever trades Draisatl is if someone like Werenski is coming back, even then I am not sure that would be worth it for Edmonton. But you don't move a #1C for lesser parts.

54 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be drafting in the top 10 next year, if we acquire Draisaitl.

To Edmonton: Tanev, Bärtschi, our 1st

To Vancouver: Draisaitl, a second and a third.

Draisaitl - Horvat - Boeser would be a killer line, and once Henrik retires, we'll have a good one-two punch down the middle.

Knowing our luck, that first will become Dahlin. 

32 minutes ago, Toews said:

At age 21, he finished 8th in scoring, 5th among centers. Those are elite #1C numbers, a franchise center is also easily the most coveted piece in the game. The only time those players get traded is when there is some sort of rift, like Seguin in Boston or Johansen in Columbus. The only way Edmonton ever trades Draisatl is if someone like Werenski is coming back, even then I am not sure that would be worth it for Edmonton. But you don't move a #1C for lesser parts.

How many points would Draisaitl have if he didn't play with McDavid though? I know he's a good player in his own right, but I doubt he would have 77 points if he didn't play with the best player in world last year.

If you really think a package of Horvat, Boeser, Demko and OJ is not enough for Draisaitl, then I think you are heavily overestimating his value.

Seguin didn't really get that big of a haul and Ryjo deal is pretty fair. One would have to remember Oilers' hands are tied if Draisaitl wants 8-10mil a year.

edit: spelling

36 minutes ago, Toews said:

17 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

How many points would Draistl have if he didn't play with McDavid though? I know he's a good player in his own right, but I doubt he would have 77 points if he didn't play with the best player in world last year.

If you really think a package of Horvat, Boeser, Demko and OJ is not enough for Draistl, then I think you are heavily overestimating his value.

Seguin didn't really get that big of a haul and Ryjo deal is pretty fair. One would have to remember Oilers' hands are tied if Draistl wants 8-10mil a year.

Pretty much this.

Sure Pittsburgh has been able to make it work with Crosby and Malkin, but

1: They both left salary on the table, doesn't sound like McDavid or Draisaitl are doing that.

2: Drai is good and all, but let's be real here, he's no Malkin.

3: McDavid can carry a line by himself and make those around him better, just like Crosby, so can insert cheap wing options if needed. Drai has not proven even the least that he can do the same for a line.

4: As @Shiftynifty said, how many points would Drai have if he wasn't playing with McDavid a ton? Crosby/Malkin can and do put up elite numbers without needing the other one, same can be said for McDavid, I'm not so sure Drai is a near ppg center without McDavid.

3 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

How many points would Draistl have if he didn't play with McDavid though? I know he's a good player in his own right, but I doubt he would have 77 points if he didn't play with the best player in world last year.

If you really think a package of Horvat, Boeser, Demko and OJ is not enough for Draistl, then I think you are heavily overestimating his value.

Seguin didn't really get that big of a haul and Ryjo deal is pretty fair. One would have to remember Oilers' hands are tied if Draistl wants 8-10mil a year.

How many points would McDavid have if he doesn't play with Draisatl? IMO his talent and skill is evident even if plays with McDavid. They mutually benefit from each other's presence. There is no denying though anymore that he is an elite franchise C and that is the most coveted piece. Every single cup winner for the last decade+ has had a #1C from Datsyuk, Crosby/Malkin, Toews, Bergeron, Kopitar. I would say its a piece that's even more important than a #1D as Pittsburgh proved this year.

Teams like the Blues, Habs and Rangers keep getting bounced every year because despite having all the other pieces they do not have that #1C. The league is ruled by elite centers, if Pettersson/Horvat can get to that level, I would never trade them for any such package either. Can you have imagined trading Henrik in his prime? Draisatl will come down from his asking price, or this will stretch out till late in the summer or till an offer sheet is signed. It might even continue till training camp or till the start of the season, eventually someone will have to compromise though. What you do not do is trade your #1C though.

Lets also not forget that Boston traded Seguin because there was issues with immaturity. The same was the case with Johansen, questions surrounding, fitness, attitude, commitment and a supposed rift with Tortorella. I maintain that Johansen would never have been traded if it were not for the lengthy drawn out contract negotiations which frayed the relationship between franchise and player. It was a similar situation as that of Ryan O'Reilly, who was also traded for a package because of problems during contract negotiations. My point is that no one trades a #1C unless there are internal problems which was the case with all three of these players.

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

How many points would McDavid have if he doesn't play with Draisatl? IMO his talent and skill is evident even if plays with McDavid. They mutually benefit from each other's presence. There is no denying though anymore that he is an elite franchise C and that is the most coveted piece. Every single cup winner for the last decade+ has had a #1C from Datsyuk, Crosby/Malkin, Toews, Bergeron, Kopitar. I would say its a piece that's even more important than a #1D as Pittsburgh proved this year.

Teams like the Blues, Habs and Rangers keep getting bounced every year because despite having all the other pieces they do not have that #1C. The league is ruled by elite centers, if Pettersson/Horvat can get to that level, I would never trade them for any such package either. Can you have imagined trading Henrik in his prime? Draisatl will come down from his asking price, or this will stretch out till late in the summer or till an offer sheet is signed. It might even continue till training camp or till the start of the season, eventually someone will have to compromise though. What you do not do is trade your #1C though.

Lets also not forget that Boston traded Seguin because there was issues with immaturity. The same was the case with Johansen, questions surrounding, fitness, attitude, commitment and a supposed rift with Tortorella. I maintain that Johansen would never have been traded if it were not for the lengthy drawn out contract negotiations which frayed the relationship between franchise and player. It was a similar situation as that of Ryan O'Reilly, who was also traded for a package because of problems during contract negotiations. My point is that no one trades a #1C unless there are internal problems which was the case with all three of these players.

How can you say he is an elite franchise centre when he plays wing with McDavid. you are gonna say ya they are mutually beneficial. Maroon had 27 goals this season. No chance he get half that without McDavid.

Drai as A centre has not proven himself elite. Please show me one stat that shows drai with elite numbers as A centre. I honestly thnk you come here just to argue or try to make people feel like their views are wrong. Its A shame I won't see your response but I've gone back and forth with you for too long. You are A very pretentious person. And your Avatar I think sums up the kind oif person you are. Not sure if you have read the books, I doubt you even know they exist. I went back and read a comment you had made on a post of mine. it was from 3 days ago but I knew it would be negative so didn't bother checking it. I just did> and you actually took two diif quotes to make me look like I was contradicting myself. You are one pos little son of A beach times like these I wish I knew who you were. actually vice versa. not all of us are Jonny Appleseed.  Since im close enough to getting banned Im just gonna block you and say  gor fukc yourself 

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

How can you say he is an elite franchise centre when he plays wing with McDavid. you are gonna say ya they are mutually beneficial. Maroon had 27 goals this season. No chance he get half that without McDavid.

Drai as A centre has not proven himself elite. Please show me one stat that shows drai with elite numbers as A centre. I honestly thnk you come here just to argue or try to make people feel like their views are wrong. Its A shame I won't see your response but I've gone back and forth with you for too long. You are A very pretentious person. And your Avatar I think sums up the kind oif person you are. Not sure if you have read the books, I doubt you even know they exist. I went back and read a comment you had made on a post of mine. it was from 3 days ago but I knew it would be negative so didn't bother checking it. I just did> and you actually took two diif quotes to make me look like I was contradicting myself. You are one pos little son of A beach times like these I wish I knew who you were. actually vice versa. not all of us are Jonny Appleseed.  Since im close enough to getting banned Im just gonna block you and say  gor fukc yourself 

Nowhere in any of his replies has he been disrespectful to you, in fact it's you who's attacking him personally. I suggest you calm down or stop posting if you can't handle people not agreeing with your every word

Depending on what type of people Drais and McDavid are, they should get together and say:

" look, we want to have great careers, win and have a blast, neither of us will ever be able to spend all the money we make in one lifetime.....so let's make these numbers and work and spend the next decade having the time of our lives"

Drais signs for 8 for 8 Mc D. 9 for 8

The Oilers still have a team for them to play with,

Or they can go the Towes Kane route and make sure the back 9 of their careers are just a frustrating letdown,

I mean, at some point we're talking about so much money here, it's just numbers on a bank statement, they can't attach that last few million to any quantifiable quality of life it will bring them.

That inability to recognize when money is costing YOU something is a real sickness, I see it with younger people, they just want to say they won, no matter what it ends up costing them.

Yes, money is great, and being rich is awesome, but the money is supposed to serve YOU

You aren't supposed to chase it like some hopeless drug addict

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

No. Draisaitl for Tanev and Van's 1st round pick 2018. Jim: Let's go, get him. He's German, that stands for attitude.

In all honesty the Canucks don't have enough value to get Draisaitl. We'd have to give up a center + defenceman + 1st or prospect.

That'd be something like Horvat + Tanev + 1st and quite frankly I wouldn't do it. Might consider Sutter + Tanev + 1st for Draisaitl but even then, that 1st could be Dahlin.

No way in hell this is happening. Do I wish it would happen? Heck yeah, Edmonton trading Drais would be hilarious. But Chiarelli ain't that dumb. He's gonna do something to make it work. 

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Horvat and Virtanen for Draisaitl?

Any day,

All day,

Everyday,

2wce on Sundays

Make the Deal Horvat, Tanev and Demko (They wouldn't want Virtanen, sorry but he has no value at the moment) for Drai, Puljujarrvi and Nurse.

If they HAVE to deal Drais....This deal offers everything the Oil need, a LEGIT YOUNG 2nd line center, who looks after his own end while still scoring and could complement Mc David REALLY well, they get an experienced and still young Game-Pace-Controlling, Defenseman who could really be the secret ingredient in the Oil becoming a cup team, Taven's defensive and puck moving skills are elite, he doesn't need development and time to make mistakes like Nurse, he's ready to be part of a contender right now, the Oil have more than enough toughness to make up for the loss of Nurse, we could use his push back and his age and development arc fits with our time line,

And finally, the Oil get a real blue chip goalie prospect, that ensures they won't have to over spend on Cam Talbot or overly rely on him, someone who after this year could come in and keep thier goaltending costs low for the next several years as they spend money elsewhere,

For the price of a #1 Center, an unproven (but blue chip) goalscorer, and a tough defenseman, who, while young with potential, isn't really what the Oilers need back there right now, we could provide the oilers with the best they could hope for at every single position, and may even leave them better off for having made the deal..

...and if the want Virtanen, throw him in too, this is a great deal for both teams

Archived