The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Sam Gagner [3 year x $3.15M AAV]

Just now, combover said:

Signings like this keep our prospects in the farm. 

For 1 year, or until injuries happen your right. Think about the future though. 2 Years from now in the first post Sedin season he will be so valuable to us in my opinion.

They clearly think Petterson is at least 3 full seasons away, which isn't a bad thing. He will stay in Sweden for probably 2 years then come to NA/Utica to adjust to the small rinks. Meanwhile Gagner buys us time because the Sedins could walk or retire 

The people that don't like this need to give their heads a shake. The Canucks have cap to play with and more coming next year. This is the price you have to pay for a solid player who scores points. Its not a ridicules term nor dollar value. The team just got better. 

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Signings like this keep our prospects in the farm. 

Best case scenario sutter get moved.

We will still have room for a couple of young prospects.

It is good that we don't have to rely on ALL of them being on the roster.

Some will start in Utica and get tons of development time with prime minutes, then get called up for long injury stints.

23 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

terrible. 3 years and too much money for a fluke player

I'm kind of with you on this one. 

Wouldn't say "terrible" but would agree with too much for a guy that never has consistent back to back seasons. 

This must have been his best offer. 

Regardless, it's not 6x6! I'm not too upset about it. We need some depth. 

Don't mind this signing.  Would have preferred a 2 year term maybe and slightly less, but it works.  I think the price is about right based on his good last season.... 

I hope he does well for us.  If nothing else, should make us more exciting and help out with our scoring woes.

Archived