The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign D Michael Del Zotto [2 year x $3.0M AAV]

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Educate?

Elvis, are hit stats accurately kept or are they as subjective as your post?

173 hits for a player who plays that style and in those situations will have hits, but what kind? A195lb hitter, who is not feared or notable. 

It's more info than you gave that you're upset a guy is 5lbs under your preferred weight. I'll take my content over yours.

I'm off to enjoy the sun. You keep parroting about that 200lb cracker you're after.

Just now, elvis15 said:

It's more info than you gave that you're upset a guy is 5lbs under your preferred weight. I'll take my content over yours.

I'm off to enjoy the sun. You keep parroting about that 200lb cracker you're after.

195lb Dman are not in short supply on the Canucks. 

During a rebuild, you'd think they go bigger. Whatever. It's better than Bartowski. 

42 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

See my above post.

Weircioch in comparison had 0.9 hits per game last year (and that's not an outlier, but his career average as well).

So they got size but not physicality, bummer.

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

195lb Dman are not in short supply on the Canucks. 

During a rebuild, you'd think they go bigger. Whatever. It's better than Bartowski. 

I dont know man I think those days are done. Look at the dmen on the teams in the final. Puck moving Dmen over Sbisa's and Gudbranson's. In soccer and in hockey, when teams have the lead, they bring 5 guys back and protect their zone, in order to prevent teams from getting guys in behind their dmen. They dont get caught up ice so they dont get countered. You gotta be winning by the end of the 2nd to have an 90% chance of winning. The way to score now is dmen getting the puck quickly up ice and countering teams with odd man rushes. Its nice to have at least one guy like Gudbranson, but thats just cuz of the division we play in. To your point though, it'd be awesome to have a big guy who can do the things I mentioned above. Tryamkin could have been that guy one day

4 minutes ago, B53 said:

I dont know man I think those days are done. Look at the dmen on the teams in the final. 

I understand where you are coming from. I'm not going into the difference of a DelZ behind Crosby vs Horvat. 

My point is about the meanwhile; the now until the rebuild is over. What is the point in going small on the D during a rebuild when the forwards are incredibly small/soft? At least lose well. They are easily pushed around and he's done nothing to change this. 

Cuz guys like Stetcher and Hutton need to learn to play the way we need them to play in the future when they are core guys. Subban needs to watch and learn a guy like Del Zotto. Look at our forwards. Do you notice that almost all of our forwards play a Sedin type style along the boards? Our dmen have noone offensive to learn from. Hutton looks like one, but then he starts turning into more of a typical canucks dman over time. Stetcher next year might do the same. From Ohlund to Hamhuis to Tanev, we kind of always develope that sort of dman to play like them. If we had a PK Subban on our team, maybe our guys turn out different. 

So basically I think we just got getting them playing that way now if thats the way of the future. Besides, ya we have those small soft forwards, and maybe a few more coming, but those are skill guys and we need to get them the puck so they can do their thing. More Gudbransons and Sbisa's coming in, and those small soft fwds of ours are gonna be stuck in our own zone getting man handled

What is the point of these signings?

Besides unintended proof that Dim Jim still thinks the exact same thing he did the day he walked through the doors 4 years ago,

That he was going to throw some money around patch a few holes and were right back in the playoffs,

This guy isn't that smart, he doesn't get it. He's the guy who justified the Kesler return with "Bonino replaces Ryan's 20 G right there," and for Sbisa, my personal favorite "We don't got no defenseman"

Well, here we go with more of the same BS, instead of Subban getting a shot, we'll watch a disinterested Delzaster blunder his way around the ice,

Instead of a legit opportunity like Yak, or an in-house asset like Goldy we'll see a guy who legitimately doesn't give a ^$%@ like Burmistrov bring his poisonous attitude to our locker room...I don't think there is a worse player he could have signed.

I would say this is a job-scared GM, trying to hot shot his team in hopes of not getting fired, but no, this is business as usual for the Vancouver Canucks

Trev was my hero as a kid, and can still do no wrong in my eyes, it would be my NHL dream to see him hoist the cup, if not as a player than the President.

This whole Jim Benning era is a bad joke that won't end,

He's not smart enough to manage a hockey team, I could see that from his first interview

I just hope when he's finally gone Tre isn't gone with him, but I suppose that's a given

How could it go this wrong for so long?

Besides unintended proof that Dim Jim still thinks the exact same thing he did the day he walked through the doors 4 years ago,

That he was going to throw some money around patch a few holes and were right back in the playoffs,

This guy isn't that smart, he doesn't get it. He's the guy who justified the Kesler return with "Bonino replaces Ryan's 20 G right there," and for Sbisa, my personal favorite "We don't got no defenseman"

Well, here we go with more of the same BS, instead of Subban getting a shot, we'll watch a disinterested Delzaster blunder his way around the ice,

Instead of a legit opportunity like Yak, or an in-house asset like Goldy we'll see a guy who legitimately doesn't give a f$%k like Burmistrov bring his poisonous attitude to our locker room...I don't think there is a worse player he could have signed.

I would say this is a job-scared GM, trying to hot shot his team in hopes of not getting fired, but no, this is business as usual for the Vancouver Canucks

Trev was my hero as a kid, and can still do no wrong in my eyes, it would be my NHL dream to see him hoist the cup, if not as a player than the President.

He's not smart enough to manage a hockey team, I could see that from his first interview

I just hope when he's finally gone Tre isn't gone with him, but I suppose that's a given

I think you live in a hole created by your imagination vacuum. Lighten up and at least be positive in the off season, you're peaking far too early.

40 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Instead of a legit opportunity like Yak, or an in-house asset like Goldy we'll see a guy who legitimately doesn't give a f$%k like Burmistrov bring his poisonous attitude to our locker room...I don't think there is a worse player he could have signed.

Complains about Burm's attitude but also complains about not giving Yakupov, a player who refuses to improve his back checking game, a chance.... 

alright folks, if you still have a minus. Use it.

46 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

I feel better about the day... Knowing your against a few very cheap depth signings means we likely did okay.  

3 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Rumour has it he tried to trade gud back to Florida for demers but demers wanted nothing to do with Vancouver(not suprising) . I can't thank demers enough.  The Message has been delivered  to all the other players in the system "better luck next year" rosters full.what a great motivator. Work hard, earn it, get rewarded just not in Jim bennings vancouver. 

Signed depth players  for our line up of depth players lol.

Ranked worst gm for good reason.

39 minutes ago, combover said:

Rumour has it he tried to trade gud back to Florida for demers but demers wanted nothing to do with Vancouver(not suprising) . I can't thank demers enough.  The Message has been delivered  to all the other players in the system "better luck next year" rosters full.what a great motivator. Work hard, earn it, get rewarded just not in Jim bennings vancouver. 

Signed depth players  for our line up of depth players lol.

Ranked worst gm for good reason.

^

3 hours ago, soshified said:

alright folks, if you still have a minus. Use it.

4 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Aaaaand on ignore you go.

Archived